Saturday, March 5, 2011

my God....my life

*A friend once asked me to explain my faith to her, why do I believe what I believe.  After much thought, I realized that I couldn't really explain why because faith is not something you just think about and decide, but I could share how He changed my life.  So here is part 1 of a 3 part series where I will try to explain my faith. *


When I was a child, about 5, I sat on my daddy's lap and watched my mommy pick up her suitcase and walk out the door, and out of my daily life for the next 7 years.
But God was God, and God was good.

When I was older, about 12, I lived with my daddy next door to my gramma Rose.  I ate breakfast and dinner at any friends home that would offer, then at bedtime I would walk to the corner bar, put daddy in the back seat, drive him home and put him to bed.
But God was God, and God was good.

When I was older, about 15, I started drinking myself, with my brother and his friends.  I went to a party on the West Side of downtown Buffalo, not a good place to be.  Three days later, I woke up and went home to my mothers.
But God was God, and God was good.

When I was older, 17, I became pregnant out of wedlock.  An unwed teen, still in school.
But God was God, and God was good.

When I was older, about 23, I was pregnant with my 3rd child, alone and away from family in Texas, with a husband who drank his paycheck at the Texas moon.
But God was God, and God was good.

When I was older, about 30, I became a single mom.
But God was God, and God was good.

When I was older, I examined my life, and discovered....

God sent me a loving step-mother,
God placed his angels around the car when I drove daddy home,
God protected me when I placed myself in dangerous situations,
God gave me a family to help me,
God sent friends to me in Texas,
And
God gave me a new life, in Him.

I do not ask why I had to go through situations in my life. I ask, why not?  Everything that I know, and everything that I am, is a result of all of my past.  So today I can say....
God is God, and God is good
yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

1 comment:

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

This was so nice to read. Life is hard sometimes, but I know that God is with me, and he sees me through.
Thank you so much for your story, and the opportunity to post my comment,
Cathy

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016