Tuesday, March 8, 2011

my God...my relationship

*This is the final installment of my 3 parts series, explaining my faith.  I pray that my sharing has helped you in finding your own way home.*

In the beginning God created man and woman, and "walked with them in the cool of the day".  So every evening, God walked and talked with His creation.  They had a relationship.  RELATIONSHIP!  That's what He wants with His children.  A daily, living, loving, relationship.  Wow, so simple, yet so complex.  When Christ walked this earth, He called his disciples to LIVE with Him, to spend every moment of every day listening to Him, and talking to Him.  Christ traveled from town to town to talk to, cry with, heal, and help hurting people.  With all those who would listen to him, not just a select few.  Christ shared how much God loved them, then let each individual to decide to follow Him, or not.
Now, how do you have a relationship with Him?  The same way you have a relationship with anyone.  You just spend time with Him.  Is there someone special in your life?  Maybe your spouse or a child you just enjoy being around?  It's the same with God, if you truly love Him, you will want to spend time with him.  It's not a burden, it's a joy.  So start today by reading His Word, the Holy Bible.  Start with the 4 gospels at the beginning of the New Testament, and meet Jesus.  Don't look at the bible as a huge dry book.  If you have read any popular novel, you have probably read books bigger than the new testament.  Just take a bite at a time.  Read the words, think about them, after all, that's how God speaks to us first and foremost, thru His Word.  Then talk to Him.  You don't need big words, no thees or thous or words ending in eth, just talk.  How would you talk to your best friend?  Talk the same way to Him, don't worry, you won't offend Him.  If you have a question, ask Him.  If you're hurt, tell Him.  If you're angry, yell at Him.  You can't chase Him away, because when someone loves you, truly loves you, they won't leave, and He won't leave you, ever. 

When I look at my life now, I can't believe the change.  And it's the change inside me.  I have a calmness and a peace in my heart that only comes from my relationship, with Him, the God of this world, who loves little ole' me. :)

Debbi

6 comments:

sammysgrammy said...

Everyone's testimony is so unique, so perfectly intimate, just like they are to Him who made us with such infinite variety.

I am so blessed by yours

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

thank you sammysgrammy :)

luvncrafts said...

Great to read. Thank you for sharing!

Tina - Off The Wall Expressions said...

Thanks for sharing Debbi! I have loved reading all three installments!

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

luvncrafts...I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Tina....thank you. I loved writting them. It refreshed my own faith to remember how good He is.
- ourhometoyours/xv,

Unknown said...

I almost forgot to continue, and then I remembered!
I didnt want to forget the last one.
Thank you for sharing. I have enjoyed every one of these posts.
Blessings in Christ,
C

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016