Thursday, March 8, 2012

Christmas 1987

I was looking thru my photo albums this morning when I came across some pictures of my nephew Aaron.  He was four.  We were at my mother's house (Nana) trying to decorate the house for Christmas, and Aaron was getting into everything.
Aaron is the youngest of 6 kids, and will do most anything for attention.  Is that normal for the youngest child?  I was the youngest and I'm not that needy for attention....ok, maybe just a little bit. lol.  My sister dressed him in some garland, but I think the other kids tried to pack him in a box, so we took the garland away.  Finally....we had no choice but to put him somewhere he could not get into trouble.

Yep, we hung him on a coat hook in the closet.  He loved it!  We would close the door and he would just get the giggles.  It was too funny!  He always did have an off-center sense of humor.

He is now 29 and a father.  Where did all that time go????  Can I turn the clock back???  But if I did, I wouldn't have Owen and his off-center sense of humor.  Hmmmm, I wonder if Owen would enjoy hanging on a closet door?  Yep, we put the fun in dysfunctional.
Debbi

5 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

That is too funny! I am so glad that there is a picture of it. I think this is the kind of things that are kids remember. I bet he could not tell you one single gift he got that Christmas but he will always remember hanging off ot the back of that door!

riorita said...

Hi Debbi - "Who knows where the time goes?" You will find this song by Sandy Denny in my own blog (and I am not spamming here! No No!)

riorita said...

And Aaron was a real cutie!

Annie said...

Cute! The door photo is classic. And yes, the youngest is always looking for attention (I should know)!

An Unrefined Vegan

Unknown said...

wait! He's not 29! He's younger than Josh, L O L. But he's still a father and it is still a slightly scary thought... :)

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016