Monday, March 12, 2012

what WAS on my table

Well, I did it.  I finally finished a new re-furbished item to list in my Etsy shop.  Take a look at it from last week....
I love thrift stores and estate sales, and a while back I found this seashell picture and this metal and glass angel.  So I brought them home with me, and put them on the back burner of my mind, to stew awhile. 

Then last Thursday, I had a vision of what I wanted to do, so I ran away from home, and chores, right to my art studio.  I got out my paint, glitter, and craft knives to bring my idea to life.  I finished the seashell shadow box today.  The angel is still stewing.  This is now my newest listing in our Etsy shop...
I painted the outside and trim a soft cream and the inside of the boxes a bright white to make them pop.  And then sprinkled on some glitter, cuz glitter is good, lol.  I chose to paint the outside frame a soft sea blue to match the background, and then whitewashed it to give it that beachy look.
 
Hung alone on a wall, or placed on a shelf, this is the perfect accent to get you ready for summer!
 
Debbi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks Great! Love the shells!

Lilly
Ancientoils.etsy.com

CraveCute said...

It is beautiful!

Unknown said...

oh wow!!! I love this!!! I also love love love shells!!!

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Nice job! Love the color choices.

Unknown said...

Looks awesome!

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

Thank you everyone. I was pleased with how it turned.
Debbi

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016