Monday, May 7, 2012

My Besteam Monday spent in Israel

I have a BESTeam mate / friend.  Her name is Irith and she has a great Etsy shop, RioRita's where she sells wonderfully hand crafted jewelry.  Irith is a gold and silversmith, and her jewelry is...simply amazing.  She takes stones, sea glass, pebbles, ancient coins, whatever catches her eye and then creates rings, bracelets, pendants, and much more.
Take this Sterling Silver Heart Necklace for example.  Irith designed and cast each heart (there are 26 double hearts), set with 5 stones, and then connected piece by piece with silver studs.  It reminds me of a chain, painstakenly attached piece by piece.  Irith herself describes it as "a snake of hearts".  The stones she used were amethyst, carnelians, turquoise, and citrine.
Did I mention that Irith lives in Israel?  Tel Aviv to be exact.  The Holy Land...a place I would love to visit...someday.  Her workshop is close to the Mediterranean Sea, and when she takes a breather, she can look out the glass door and watch the peacocks and geese.  It sounds so idylic.  I love reading her blog, wher she shares pictures about her home and life.

She grew up near the Sea of Galilee. (I "borrowed" this picture from her blog) and her mother still lives there. 

This looks like something out of a travel brochure.  I can just stare at these pictures and think, this is where my Jesus walked and teached.  You can find more pictures at the blog post I got these pictures from..."My Heart is by the Sea of Galilee". 
Today she blogged about the inspiration for this Aquamarine Sea Glass Pendant.  How the herbs in her window garden gave her the idea for this wonderful piece.
You can find Irith in many different places in cyberspace, and I highly recommend her shop for anyone looking for that special and unique gift.

Website / Etsy / Blog / Twitter / Facebook

9 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

Irith's work is beautiful! What an amazing metalsmither. I dream of being able to do this type of work someday. The photos are gorgeous!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Irith's work is beautiful! What an amazing metalsmither. I dream of being able to do this type of work someday. The photos are gorgeous!

riorita said...

What a beautifuly written article! It seems you really put your heart into it! Thank you very much!

Lesley from Borettoart said...

I absoulutly love Riorita's shop and the article is so passionated!
Bravo to both!!!Keep up the good job!

Unknown said...

Very nice poat about this very talented lady - both necklaces are great, but I especially like the heart one.

Unknown said...

Great article, when you get ready to go to the holy land, can I go with?? Absolutely love Irith's work, her creativity is out of this world! Thanks Debbi!

Isobel Morrell said...

That last item you featured is out of this world! The aquamarine stone is absolutely gorgeous (as is the metal surround!) Thanks for highlighting it!

Joy Light Designer said...

I never tire of seeing Irith's work and hearing about her idyllic studio setting. It's impressive to see her gorgeous metalsmith skills in her inspired jewelry!

Joyflower
Joysilk.blogspot.com

AbsolutelyKismet said...

I admire Irith's work! She does such beautiful pieces.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016