Saturday, November 17, 2012

My Thanksgiving Table


We love Thanksgiving at our house.  It's a time to watch a parade, a football game, or the American Kennel Club dog show.  It is also a time to enjoy family and food.  Chuck just finished closing in the back deck so we can set up the tables there (I love the North Carolina fall weather) because all of us cannot fit around the table inside my house. lol  This year the gathering will be small, only 10 of us, and now I have to start planning my table settings.  I have had my fall home decor out for over a month already, but setting the table is a totally different subject.  First I cheat, yes we use paper plates for the meal.  I do not have a "good china" set of dishes for a large group of people (except at Christmas) so I purchase the holiday paper plates.  It's works well, and I don't have to spend a lot of time washing up afterwards.  Today I want to share with you my wish list of Thanksgiving decor and snacks that I would love to have and use here at home.
Let's start with the bare table....

Do you prefer full coverage like this crochet tablecloth from Back of Beyond,  or just a place for your centerpiece like this quilted fall table topper by Patchwork Mountain?  How about pairing them together for your own style.
  Next, a centerpiece... 
I absolutely love this centerpiece made with vintage metal brooches by Creations by LMC.  They remind of all those pins I would get my mom every holiday...this centerpiece would be almost like having her at the table again.  Or for a more modern look to your table, how about this paper bird by Pinwheel Pretties?
Now, what to put the turkey on when you bring it to the table?
 
Again, I was drawn to a vintage item..this teal blue and white melmac serving platter from the shop of Love Butler Vintage.  There is just something about this holiday that demands tradition.  But for those who still want the more modern look, how about a personalized platter from lollipops & unicorns?
 
Well, that's it for now....I need to go dig out my left over turkey paper plates from last year, hahaha.  If you see something you like here, just click on a link to get it for your very own.
Be blessed,
Debbi

7 comments:

Trina Prenzi said...

Beautiful selections here! Off to visit the featured shops!

Trina Prenzi said...

That Paper Bird is adorable!!

Unknown said...

It caught my eye too... :0)
Debbi

Patrice, RN, BSN said...

What a lovely collection! And I did not know the American Kennel Club show is on Thanksgiving weekend - yay !! Thank you so much for the feature !!

Blessings to you and yours this holiday season!

Patrice
lovebutlervintage.etsy.com

Recovered Fundie said...

Debbi,

Paper plates are the bomb! Nice post. Happy Thanksgiving!

Lisa

2justByou said...

Love that centerpiece and the little birdie! =0)
I invite you to the First Ever Meet & Greet blog hop that I'm co-hosting!
http://2justbyou.blogspot.com/2012/11/first-ever-meet-greet-blog-hop.html
Plus, I've got a recipe posted for today.
~Kim
2justByou.blogspot.com

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love the idea of paper plates! My parents host dinner and always get out their China. It is just the immediate family and we are super casual people. It would be a huge time saver now having to wash all those fancy plates! The paper bird is so adorable.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016