Friday, January 11, 2013

Handmade Friday Finds - Steampunk

We don't have cable or satellite at our house, but we do have great channels like MeTv and RTV and This.  They carry the great old shows like the Rifleman, the Dick Van Dyke Show, and the Brady Bunch.  A nice variety of styles and decades.  On This tv they show old movies, and they are fun to watch.  Yesterday I only caught the tail end of a movie starring Vincent Price.  He was flying over the earth bombing it from a "spaceship" which looked like a metal dirigible.  I can't remember the name of the movie, but it did get me interested in steampunk again.  So let's go see what I can find.
 
First I stopped at HandmadeArtists.com and did a simple search using the keyword steampunk, and this little guy popped up on the first page.  I love this "Face of Steampunk" bracelet.   He looks surprised, hahahaha.  This is a unisex bracelet and can be found in the shop of Uniqlets.  You really should visit this shop, the artist uses vintage pieces to create amazing jewelry.  You won't find pieces like these anywhere else.
 
Over on Etsy.com the search brought me this Steel Metallic Finish Steampunk Goggles.  Kind of cool, huh?  Great to wear, or just use as decor, this is handmade by Dr. Sharp in his shop.  And with that little led light, this would be a cool night light for your kids to use on their nightly bathroom trips. LOL
And this last one I found just doing a google search on handmade steampunk...
 
This is a real working desk...with a fully functional PC, LCD screens, cameras, and keyboard.  I love it!  Totally would not fit with my normal home decor, but how cool would it be to take care of business sitting in front of this desk.  I found this on the blog Hometone.com but the link to the desk does not work. :0(
Do you create anything steampunk? I've added a link widget to this post, so you can share your steampunk creations.  And if you know the name of the Vincent Price movie that started me on this journey, please let me know.
Be blessed,
Debbi 
 

11 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

These pieces are great! Steampunk is so whimsical and unique. Although I do not use the style in my work, I love it. There is actually a steampunmk museum in MA that I am hoping to visit soon!!! I love the old movies too and have The House on The Haunted Hill starring Vincent Price on DVD. So fun!!!

Trina Prenzi said...

What fun Steampunk finds!! That desk is really a showpiece, so much to look at!

holly said...

That desk is insane! It's so inspiring how people can transform pieces like that. I saw this really cool typewriter the other day, they had converted it into a computer keyboard! Original sounds and all.

pam said...

I somehow think of the Wizard of Oz looking at that desk.

Pam

Nuckin Futs Knitting Nerd said...

I like that bracelet and OMG that desk is awesome!!

Eyelah said...

Steampunk is so cool. I've seen so many anything things on Etsy. I really like that bracelet. Huge fan of bracelets.

Unknown said...

oh these are so cool!!! I love this work!!! thank you for popping in Debbi!! I listed the ACEO I think I will make more mini paintings!!! so much fun!!!

Unknown said...

I remember that movie...it freaked me out! lol

Unknown said...

thanks everyone for the comments...that desk is definietly on my wish list!
Debbi

2justByou said...

That desk is super cool! The goggles are a great find too. =0)
~Kim
http://2justByou.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Debbi, Thanks so much for featuring my Smilepunk bracelet. Sorry I didn't get over here sooner, flu delays.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016