Thursday, February 21, 2013

Look what we got today!!!

Well, spring is just around the corner, the sun is shining, the air is warm(er), so Chuck and I went out for lunch (a date!!!) and then off to Tractor Supply (one of our top 10 favorite stores),
 and picked up these...
NEW BABY CHICKS!  Blogger is being freaky lately and not letting me load pictures normally, or placing them where I want them...I have been working on this post since yesterday...so aggravating.  But here they are, the newest additions to the family
farm.  These bring the total to 1 rooster, 8 adult hens, 9 chicks (hopefully all hens), and 2 ducks.  There will be no walking barefoot in our yard this summer. lol.
We also stopped at the post office today and picked up hubbys birthday gift surprise...this absolutely beautiful mosaic dove is from MyEuropeanTouch.  It is hugh!  I have it laying on the arm of my Adirondack chair (trying to hide from Chuck during the photo shoot) and it took up the whole arm.  And the colors are great, blues and pearls and oh so pretty.  And for me, she sent this lovely hand quilted stocking ornament, and this flower pin/hairbow with a vintage rhinestone center.  AND she included 2 wonderful letters, one of her history (very interesting) and one of her technique. I love this!  So if you love this too, pop on over to Monika's shop and get some for yourself.
 
Until next time...
Be blessed,
Debbi

10 comments:

Trina Prenzi said...

Those baby chicks are adorable!!!!

Sweet Fix @ Maria Corcuera said...

sooo cute!!! can't wait for spring :)

Your Invisible Crown said...

What a sweet birthday gift!

Ashley said...

So cute! When we were little, my sister and I would always see the dyed blue and pink and green baby chicks at Atwoods around Eastertime and BEG my mom for some. You're living my childhood dream! haha

cabin + cub said...

Oh so cute!!!! How fun!!

2justByou said...

Well, I say...It's about time for some new chicks! I loved watching the first ones grow (along with their coop). =0) Congrats on the newest addition to your family. Hey wait a minute...I didn't know you had ducks!!! Can I see a photo of the ducks, please?
~Kim
http://2justByou.blogspot.com

Eyelah said...

awww chicks! They are so cute and fluffy. Do you eat them when they get older? The only reason I ask because I had a co-worker that raised chicks and eventually ate them. I was soo shocked. I was like..but they are so cute and fluffy and of course she replied.. and tasty.

Unknown said...

What little fuzzy cuties! I always take my little one to Tractor Supply to look at the babies each spring, she loves it. That mosaic dove is gorgeous too!

http://heversonart.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

LOL, the ducks are hidding in with the chicks....when it gets a little warmer, I'll get them out and do a photo shoot with just them. :0)
Debbi

Unknown said...

while I do love the taste of chicken, and beef, and sometimes deer, I cannot eat something I have named and held and petted. lol. I prefer my anonomous meat from the grocery store. LOL :0D
Debbi

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016