Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I've been crafty this week...look at what I made...

I finally got a good chunk of time this week to spend in my studio...and I wanted to share with you what I created, and have listed in my HandmadeArtists shop.




First up is a burgundy colored wooden cross.  I used mod podge and more paint to add some texture to the front, then these 2 butterflies came to join this symbol of new life.





This shell and silver chain bracelet has been bouncing around in my brain for a while, and after attaching by hand each individual shell, I almost decided to keep it for myself.  If it doesn't sell soon, maybe I will. LOL

This last listing is my favorite.  Not too long ago I was searching for something in my studio when I came across some of my late mothers cartoon sketches.  I sat there and just let the memories of helping her at the local art shows when I was just a child wash over me.  So, to honor her, I decided to use her sketches for a line of greeting cards...which I named "Rusty Cards".  These ballerinas were transferred to blank greeting cards, and then I used colored pencils and acrylic paint to bring them to life.  I hope you love them as I do. 

Well, that's what I did last week...and I'm looking forward to another crafty week.
How about you?  What have you created lately?
Be blessed,
Debbi

8 comments:

Colette said...

You've been crafty creating beautiful things!!! I love these, especially those greeting cards :-)

2justByou said...

Burgundy is a beautiful color for that wooden cross. It's lovely! And the bracelet is full of great colors for spring/summer. Keep up the great work!
~Kim

sarah said...

You have been crafty. I love that bracelet, perfect for Spring.

Recovered Fundie said...

You are very talented, Debbi. These are beautiful creations!

Miss Val's Creations said...

Beautiful work on all of these Debbi! The bracelet is so fun for summer. I have done the same thing...when something does not sell after a while I may keep it for myself. :) Your mom's cartoons are so fun. What a great memory!

Unknown said...

thank you...those cards are my fav too. :0)

Unknown said...

thank you everyone....the best prescription for for the doldrums is time in the studio...
Debbi

Sarah Leonard said...

You really have been busy haven't you. Gorgeous crafty items.

Thanks for linking up!

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016