Saturday, June 15, 2013

HAF artists feature - vacation with The Alchemist Vessel

The week our artist feature at the Handmade Artists forum is our best bud (and slightly off center) Alix of The Alchemists Vessel.  Alix is a really cool girl, lots of fun, and her sense of humor...well...let's just say it's like mine, how very ironic. hahaha.  And our theme is "vacation" because we all need one.


Can't you just see me wearing this totally awesome Kahlessi Necklace from her Handmade Artists shop, while floating down the Nile on a barge powered by some hunky handsome shirtless young men?  oh, yeah, that's what I'm talking about.



Now, if I can't ride a barge, how about jumping on a plane and flying off into the wild blue yonder? I found these amazing plane earrings in her Etsy shop.  The blue beads even make me think of the sky we'll be flying through to get to.....THE BEACH!  And I'm not picky, I'll take any place with sand and surf.  Like this one...

...what an amazing view.  Amanda and Brandon got married on a beach like this one.  I found this beach print in the shop of CTCostaPhotography.   Oh I can just feel the warm sand under my feet while I search for shells, or the soothing rocking of the water as I just float while watching the young men with their tanned skin skimming the waves...oh there I go again. :0)  Hey, I may be old(er) and married, but I'm not dead!!

And then once I get home, I'll hang up this beach plaque that I created myself and have listed in my Handmade Artists shop, so whenever I walk past it, I can remember all those wonderful young men I met on my travels...sailors, pilots, and surfers. hahaha.

You can find Alix and her creations at these links...

Etsy / Handmade Artists / Facebook / Blog / Pinterest / Linkedin


Be blessed,
Debbi

15 comments:

Jei Crochet said...

Hi Debbie I am Jei Crochet and I love your blog. I followed you on GFC and bloglovin. Thank you for co-hosting the chain linky climb ;)I am inviting you to visit my blog.

Cutey Patuty Crochet

2justByou said...

I am loving that beach print! I really can't wait to visit a beach...
~Kim

Colette said...

I love that beach print as well.

Unknown said...

Terrific article Debbi! You certainly have a with words… Fun and Energetic! Fabulous items you have shared today, I have enjoyed myself. Thanks
Cari

The Alchemist said...

This is awesome. Thank you so much! Cabana Boys and Hunky Rowers of Barges, I am so going on your vacation! Pack me in your suitcase and let's go!

Thunder Rose said...

Great post Debbi! So funny! Love all that you picked to feature.

Unknown said...

Hey Jei! I'm following you too now. and personally, I think it's a bunny wearing a carrot costume. lol
Debbi

Unknown said...

;0)
but I only look...from an artistic viewpoint. teehee
Debbi

Unknown said...

me too....but we won't be going till October!

Unknown said...

awww, thank you Colette.

Unknown said...

thank you Cari...I enjoyed writing it too. but sometimes my imagination can run away with (or without) me.

Unknown said...

you can't go....you've got a new business to run!! but I'll tell them you said "hey" hahahaha

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

thanks Debbie....some things and people are just easy to write about. :0)

Unknown said...

oh how beautiful are these shares!!! love the planes!!!!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016