Monday, June 10, 2013

I'm in a funk!

I'm in a funk and I don't know why...the weather is rainy and the weeds in my vegetable garden are thriving...the kids are now out of school, so I can expect no "ME" time...my to-do list seems to multiply every night while I'm sleeping...and I don't feel like doing a thing!
I just finished a custom mat and frame job which gave me the excuse to buy a new mat cutting system, which made me happy.  And a few weeks ago I got a surprise visit from my youngest son Joshua and his girlfriend.
I can't believe he turned 30 on the 29th of May.  Impossible since I'm only 29 myself (yeah, I wish...lol).
On his birthday I was missing him very much, and was texting with him.  I told him I would bake him a cake if he would come and get it (he lives in VA, a 9 hour drive away).  We were joking back and forth about what kind of cake and then Amanda texted me to see if we were coming straight home from church.  When we pulled into our driveway, imagine my utter delight to see Josh and Tara standing in my driveway!  And I had not even had a chance to bake his cake, hahahaha.  They had been in Georgia and decided to make a detour (a 4 hour detour) to see me.  It made my day, and yes, it made me cry.  This is the first time Josh saw my new chicks and ducks, and he got a kick out of holding Quackers.
Last week we had a health scare with our son-in-law in Florida, but God took care of that problem quickly.  It made me realize that family is so very important, and it's difficult when family is spread all up and down the east coast (and I also have a brother and his family in California).  So I think to get out of my funk, I need to check my facebook page and see what everyone is up to, maybe make a few facetime phone calls,
oh, and get me some Owen time!!!  He always makes me feel better. 
Yes, I know, this picture is now considered "politically incorrect" and "threatening", but hey, I'm a country girl, and God blessed me with a cowboy grandson!
Be blessed,
Debbi

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear of your funk, it happens sweetie, just seems the devils demons jump on our back and don't want to let go. Feel better, glad you were able to see your son and I hope that all will be well with you tomorrow. While you are perusing FB check out my new FB page for homeschooling 'mimisthisnthat

Pamela Bates said...

that was a really nice surprise!!!! how sweet.

hate those funks......i was having one too. sometimes it's tough to get out of your own way.

quackers!!!! Love it!

Your Invisible Crown said...

Quackers is such an awesome name! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Isobel Morrell said...

Sounds like a good recipe for a pick me up - Facebooking family and Owen time. Hope both worked for you, and that you'll be back to your usual cheerful self soon. Mind you that can be wearing, if that's what is expected ALL the time!

CraveCute said...

Blame it on the weather, that's my excuse!!

Sumaya at Evocative Vintage said...

Suprise visits are awesome! Enjoyed your post Debbi. Quackers quack me up...he is so cute:)

momto8 said...

I used to get in funks. around March. I called them slumps. I doubled my exercise and all that funk slump stuff went away.
loved your photos!!!!!

Anna Urquhart said...

What a wonderful surprise! I hope your funk leaves you soon in peace!

Trina Prenzi said...

So sorry you're in a funk... I know that in the winter, it's closely tied to the weather, too much 'grey' outside. I hope you'll be 'funk free' soon! :)

Trina Prenzi said...

** I meant to say, For me, when I get in a funk in the winter, it's closely tied to the weather. :)

Unknown said...

"liked" you. :0)

Unknown said...

sometimes I think that IS expected all the time, and it does get tiring. lol

Unknown said...

sounds like a plan!

Unknown said...

I definitely do need to start exercising again. but it seems like so much work. lol

2justByou said...

Family is indeed important, and I'm so glad you posted the photo of that cute lil cowboy! =0)
Sounds like the surprise visit was an awesome one. It made me smile just reading about it.
~Kim
www.2justByou.com

Unknown said...

I hope you get inspired and find your creative side again!!!! love your sweet family photos!!!!

Mulchandmore said...

cowboys are part of childhood, and brings back memories. Glad you had a nice family surprise.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016