Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The toughest 21 questions your kids will ask about Christianity

As part of the Tyndale Blog Network, I read and then review their new books.  This time around I reviewed Alex McFarland's newest book "The 21 toughest questions your kids will ask about Christianity".
Honestly, I wasn't sure if I would like this book, but it surpassed my expectations, and I can highly recommend this book.  Not just to families with children, but to everyone who struggles and questions things in our world today.  Alex answers questions such as...

Why does God allow suffering? (something everyone wonders)
Why is Jesus the Only Way to Heaven? (an excellent chapter for today's tolerant society)
Why are Christians such hypocrites? (ouch)
and so many more.

I especially like the way Alex address the questions.  He does not give you a simplistic answer, but points to areas of scripture that will help you understand.  After all, if our faith is not based on the Word of God, it will fall when questioned.  I did a lot, and I mean A LOT, of highlighting in this book, and the answers are giving in such a way that you will be equipped to answer any one's questions, not just your kids.
This book is a keeper for me.  It will go on my book shelf, with all my other reference books.
You can visit the Tyndal House Publishers website for more reviews on this book, and a biography of Alex McFarland.
Be blessed,
Debbi

No comments:

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016