Friday, October 11, 2013

HAF - "I wish I could do that"

This weeks theme on the Handmade Artists Forum blog ring is
"I wish I could do that"
Oh, there is so much I wish I could do, not for lack of talent, 
but for lack of time. lol
I remember back in high school taking a glass blowing class.  And despite the singed eye brows, I enjoyed it. lol.  But today I would rather watch April from BrooklynBeadGoddess create these amazing lampwork beads.  You can watch her work on her blog.  Or better yet, you can purchase her items in her Handmade Artist shop.  My favorite is this beautiful blue swirl necklace.  
We love candles in our home, burn them all the time.  One day, Chuck had this great idea of taking all our burned down candle stubs and making new candles.  Do you want to know what he made???
A MESS!
So I took my now ruined pots away from him and told him that in the future, he needs to purchase all his candles.  :0)  There is a great shop at Handmade Artists where you can get some wonderful candles, (and soaps, and scrubs, and other beauty and health products) at Larissa's shop, ReefBotanicals.  These Cucumber Cantaloup candles not only smell good, they look yummy too.  Larissa also has a second shop, FabricOfMyMind, where she offers all her handmade knit or sewn items, from scarfs to cat toys.
One thing I do plan to learn is how to wire wrap.  I've seen good wrapping, and bad wrapping, and Colette's is excellent wrapping!  Just look at the wrapping on this Chantilly wire pendant, smooth and uniform, just perfect.  Colette is a self-taught artist, in not just wire wrapping but also in metalsmithing.  You really should check out her website and drool over all the amazing pieces she has to offer.  Any of these shops is a great place to start your Christmas shopping.  Remember, support small businesses and you support families.
Be blessed,
Debbi

9 comments:

Sandi Levy said...

I love your selections and your stories! Great post!

april grinaway said...

Hi Debbi,
Thank you for including me in your "wish I could do that" posting. I appreciate your support.

April
Brooklyn Bead Goddess

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog post. Share the wealth.

Trina Prenzi said...

Wonderful post and I love the features!

Colette said...

Great feature! thank you for featuring my piece :-)

Your Invisible Crown said...

I would probably make a big mess too, if I would try to make my own candles. I like that these have two colours.

Thunder Rose said...

Great post ! Love it all!

Lisa said...

Great post, I love the creations you featured!

2justByou said...

Love those candles. I bet the scent is amazing!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016