Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Those where the days, my friend

I'm feeling a bit nostalgic today, and since I have been relegated back to my dinosaur desktop computer, I thought I would take a walk in memories.  With pictures.  Lucky you, lol.
This is my mom...Nana...hard at work at the Allentown Art Festival in Buffalo, NY.  It was probably the late 60's or early 70's.  That's my brother Butch (when he had hair, lol) and me in that stylish plaid skirt with matching knee socks.  If you think that's fashion fun,  check out this...




here I am again, sometime in the mid 80's.  Yep, permed hair and red wire rimmed sunglasses...what a fashionista.  My style has always been my own. hahaha.
And this is my baby, best friend, hubby Chuck, on base at the Navy.  I've always been drawn to a man in uniform, but it was usually a policeman, and not in a good way. lol just kidding (sort of).  This was probably late 50's or early 60's.  The great thing about this picture, is that while our grand-daughter was in boot camp for the navy, she was stationed at the same base Chuck was at, so we sent her this picture.  And she recognized the area.  :0)

Ok, that's it for memories today, time to get back to work.

Be blessed,
Debbi

3 comments:

2justByou said...

Debbi! You ROCKED the 80s!!! Love this post. =0)

Your Invisible Crown said...

I love photo's like these! And I actually really like your red rimmed sunnies :-)

Unknown said...

Love your eighties hair :-)

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016