Monday, May 5, 2014

Homeschool Monday - Home Ec.

Want to know what I love about homeschool? Home Economics class.  Free housework! hahaha.  Actually today was a run around day, but we did get to do some math this morning.  And boy, did it make me feel stupid.  It's been a long time since high school, and here in 7th grade Hannah is starting Algebra.  With Pi.  And the only Pi I remember is Apple.  (boo, bad joke).  Anyway, on to home ec class.

Look what I got yesterday....


I've been wanting one for a while now, since I've started to go green with my household cleaning supplies, (here's a hint, buy stock in white vinegar).  All it takes to clean my floor is steam.  And here is the result from just 2 bathrooms and the front door.


Ewwwwww.  With summer here, we love to walk barefoot and I hate sticky floors.  And believe it or not, I have mopped these floors last week. lol  Now with home ec class, maybe I can grade Hannah on her mopping prowess.



She looks happy, doesn't she????

So how do you clean? Lot's of bubbles and chemicals? Or planet friendly?
Be blessed,
Debbi

7 comments:

Pamela Bates said...

ha ha. she looks overjoyed! love how you worked that into your homeschooling ;) I swear by vinegar. For the stove top and the shower basin, white vinegar and baking soda........watch it fizzle. best thing I've found for stove yet. also if I don't have baking soda on hand I've substituted cream of tartar. worked just as good.

Isobel Morrell said...

I'm with you Pamela with the vinegar and baking soda - and am constantly amazed the place doesn't smell like a fish and chip shop on a Friday night after a dose of it!!

myeuropeantouch said...

Debbi, I wanted one and have been "ooglin" it. Are you satisfied with it, does it do the job? With my two kitties and tile floor this would be purrfect......
Monika

SarahBeth said...

I've got a Bissel steamer that I got at a garage sale for $5.00 and I use the washable pads, so I guess that's pretty green!! I'm with you on the Apple Pi -- LOL! Pretty sly of you to offer home ec as one of your homeschool courses... :D
Thanks for stopping by today!

Unknown said...

cream of tartar???? thanks for the hint. :0)

Unknown said...

lol. my son always remarks on the smell of vinegar.

Unknown said...

I do really like it....easy to use, very lightweight. good for regular and easy cleaning, but probably not for big messy messes.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016