Saturday, May 10, 2014

Sensational Saturday - or - Lookie What I Found!

The best part of handmade and original artwork is finding a piece that really moves you, and you just can't get it out of your mind.  That's what I want to share with you today.  A few days ago a friend of mine posted an item on facebook that took my breath away.  Of course, I didn't take the time to pin it, or share it, or bookmark it.  So I just spent the past 30 minutes scrolling down my facebook page to find it, and I didn't get sidetracked once!  Here is it....
Isn't it amazing? I can just feel the wind blowing as the tree bends, can't you?
The artist of this piece is Matthew Hamblen, and he sells on Etsy at MattsArt.  Let's see what else he has to offer.
This feels like something from a sci-fi story.  I love the colors and to me it seems almost peaceful.
Here's another one that makes me feel that I could just follow that "water(?)' trail.  While I'm not usually a big fan of abstract, I find Matt's work invigorating.
If you would like to check out the rest of his work, you can click on any picture or the link to his shop at the top of this post.

So, how about you? Do you enjoy abstract art, or more traditional works?
Be blessed,
Debbi

*yes, I know that pictures are overlapping the edges here, but they are so amazing that I didn't want you to miss the full effect.*

4 comments:

The Alchemist said...

Wow! That blue tree just takes my breath away. It really speaks to me. A beautiful piece indeed. Thank you for sharing such a fantastic find.

Unknown said...

I like both abstract and more traditional art. These colours are amazing!

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Very nice. I thought the first one was a dandelion until I saw you said it is a tree.

Dionne Siegrist, Molten Wrx, Beads of Glass said...

Absolutely love his work.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016