Thursday, May 8, 2014

Throw Back Thursday - Random Memories

In order to freshen up and renew my blog, I've update my posting schedule.  I now have Homeschool Monday, Teaching Tuesdays (where I will share DIY ideas and tips), Wild and Wacky Wednesdays, and today is Throw Back Thursday.  Today my ADD seems to have kicked up a notch and I couldn't decide on any one memory, so here's a few scattered throughout the years.  And please, no giggling at my fashion style. lol
This picture was taken sometime in 1978 or 1979.  That's me, on my lap is my oldest son Greg, and my nephew Andy.  They were best of friends, and loved these matching sailor suits.  Yes, I tried to trim my own bangs....don't ask me why. :0)
This is my hubby Chuck and our son Brandon in 2008.  It was Brandon's first camping trip, and first time fishing.  He was so proud that he caught the first fish, and kept telling Dad to put it in his pocket.  So he did!  That poor fish, tail sticking out of the pocket.  Don't worry, we let him go back into the pond, and he swam away....quickly.  Probably went home to tell his mom about the crazy giants.
One of Brandon's favorite past times is standing at the end of the road, getting the trucks to honk as they go by.  This was taken in 2010 (I think) and I love how Brandon was being a good uncle to Owen.  Owen has called Brandon is best friend, and Brandon talks about Owen every day.  They are best friends, and I hope they stay that way.
This last one is a picture of my Daddy.  It was probably early '80s because my kids made that wreath for him.  He was so proud of all his grandkids.  I have to admit, I was Daddy's girl, and I miss him every day.

Well, that's the memory trip for today.  It was a short one, but I enjoyed it.  I hope you did too.  Leave a comment and share with me a favorite memory of yours.

Be blessed,
Debbi

3 comments:

Pamela Bates said...

ok, your hair and fashion don't look that bad. you hair doesn't even have enough height to be the 80s! are you sure?

my fave pics- brandon and owen (sweet) and your dad. what a riot!

Your Invisible Crown said...

Love those sailor suits! Hope that fish didn't come across other giants, poor thing!

Unknown said...

Your son and nephew look very cute in those sailor suits!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016