Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Wait! Come Back! I'm Still Here!


I cannot believe I've let so much time elapse since my last post!
How dare my real life interfere with my virtual life! hahaha
So, you want to see what I've been up to?

Gingerbread Houses.

Before Christmas Brandon got an urge to make a gingerbread house.  I don't know where that urge came from because we have never made one before, but hey, I'm game for anything, at least once.
So before I show you ours, let me show you others.
I found these on a Google search, and if there was a link to a working webpage, I added that to the picture.  Give credit where credit is due, and all that stuff.
















And the piece de'resistance!


Now for ours...and when you see this, you'll understand why on last night's live The CraftStar show, why I commented that I don't read "mommy" blogs anymore.  I just can't measure up. lol















Here's a photo montage of the fun we still had creating this work of art.  The construction workers were me, Hannah, Brandon, and Owen.

Take note of Hannah's happy face in the first picture.

















































I showed Hannah how to pipe the first side, then let her go.  As you can see by this last picture, she was NOT happy.  The fun of having a perfectionist daughter. :0P

At least the boys had fun....
and yep, they started to pick it apart and eat it about an hour later.  I was lucky to even get pictures. lol

A new Christmas family tradition.

How was your Christmas?

Be blessed,
Debbi

3 comments:

The Needle House said...

Congrats to your kids they did very well. I saw a log cabin one somewhere and it was made with pretzel rods. Maybe you can do that one next year. Happy New Year to you and your family.

Miss Val's Creations said...

The kids made an adorable house! Fun family time. Those Pinterest gingerbread houses are crazy! They must have take hours and hours. Happy New Year!

Your Invisible Crown said...

I want to make one of those too! The one you guys made looks awesome, and must have been fun to make together. Happy new year!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016