Saturday, January 23, 2016

What Will Be New In Home Decor 2016

During the cold winter months, do you get the urge to redecorate?
Like me, are you addicted to those amazing home renovation shows on tv?
(I tend to binge watch them on Netflix. lol)
Well, since I've decided to redirect my crafting and business from personal items to original artwork and home decor, I figured I would check out the interior design trends for 2016.
Let's start in the kitchen....


For the kitchen, black stainless steel appliances.  These are from KitchenAid.
Apparently I was ahead of the times, because I have had black appliances for years now.  But unfortunately they are not stainless steel, so every scratch and spill on the cooktop are causing my loved pieces to show their age.  I bet the stainless steel would look better longer.

How do you feel about mismatched cabinets? I found this great article on houzz, you can check out that article here...

And no kitchen is complete without dinnerware...and to my surprise, and complete happiness...the trend for 2016 is handmade ceramic pottery.
And now I can gladly feature a great potter that I know from HandmadeArtist, RiverRockArts.
I love these large blue marble mugs.

According to Corelle (and who knows dinnerware better?) sharp and sleek is the look this year.
And this city block pattern would look great with your black appliance.

That's it for today....what is your favorite design trend?
Be blessed,
Debbi

2 comments:

Miss Val's Creations said...

I haven't seen the black stainless yet. Very cool! We have a black fridge and stove in the new home which I'm loving. I love the home makeover shows too. The mismatched cabinets are so trendy right now but I don't care too much for that look. I just scored new dishes at the dollar store today. $1 pieces are a beautiful thing particularly since I have a tendency to accidentally drop them!

Unknown said...

I agree about finding great pieces at the dollar store. I have a set of "unbreakable" Corelle Ware, but my son proved them wrong...they are breakable. lol. I'm thinking of taking the doors right off my cabinets, and then painting the inside a contrasting color. Make my own trends. lol

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016