Tuesday, January 5, 2016

YBC Book Review - "Last Act, the final years and emerging legacy of Ronald Reagan" by Craig Shirley

I was recently reading a book, "Last Act, the final years and emerging legacy of Ronald Reagan" by Craig Shirley, and I have to say....it was a struggle.  So this will probably be a short and to the point review.


I was excited to receive this book from BookLookBloggers, because even though I was just a young adult during his presidency (and even considered myself a liberal for a while), I always looked up to Ronald Reagan.
His quiet determination, and love for this country made him a man almost larger than life.

And that's why I was so extremely disappointed in this book.  It was full of facts, but written in a way that was very dull.  I was hoping for actual stories about Ronald Reagan after he left office, but it was just stories about his funeral.  Craig Shirley did a lot of name dropping (I had no idea who the vast majority of people were that he talked about), and what felt like a lot of blaming and finger pointing at other politicians, parties, and the media.

While I'm normally a quick reader, it took me almost a month to read just the first half of this book.
Then I quit.
I'm sorry, but I can only recommend this book to someone looking for dry details and not inspiring stories.

Be blessed,
Debbi

No comments:

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016