Monday, July 11, 2016

YBC Artist Feature - Dori Danner from Designs by DKD

It's time for another artist feature from Scott's Marketplace....
blue baby blanket

 What is the story behind your shop name? 
 I didn't want to limit myself to just one kind of "craft". 
Designs can be anything and DKD are my initials.

Where, when, how did you learn your craft?
My mother taught me how to knit and crochet as a child. 

What has been your biggest obstacle, or challenge, to finding and achieving success?
My biggest challenge is finding stores to sell my products. I really like the little mom and pop stores but there are not so many around anymore. I started to sell online with Etsy, then branched out to Facebook, Ebay and Scotts Marketplace. 



scrubby set of 3

Tell us a little about your family life...married, kids, pets, etc.
I am married to my husband for 36 years and we have 2 children who are married and 4 grandchildren.
Tell us a little bit about where you live....city, farm, suburb. We live in Hillsgrove, PA, which is northeast of Williamsport, PA. My parents had a cabin here and we came here as much as possible. We bought the property from my parents about 10 years ago and moved here about 6 years ago. We are situated in the Endless Mountains which are beautiful.
Jelly Fish Towel


Pick a favorite item from your shop, and why is it your favorite. I have sooo many favorite items, it is hard to pick just one. Right now, I guess it would be the Jelly Fish Cotton Towel. My daughter send me a picture of one, so I went to the blog it was on and found it is a towel for little children to use. My daughter is potty training her daughter and I thought that might be a fun way to dry her hands. I made a purple and pink jelly fish for her and sent it in the mail. She loves it!

flower baby sandals

What advise would you give a new artist just starting out? It's not easy, but stick with it, if that is your dream.

Share your social media links and where we can find you on the internet. Designsbydkd.com facebook.com/Designs-by-DKD etsy.com/shop/designsbydkd scottsmarketplace.com/store/designsbydkd
I hope you enjoyed getting to know Dori as much as I did...she has lots of wonderful handmade goodies, so hurry and click on any link above to see them.

Until next time,
Be blessed,
Debbi

1 comment:

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Aren't those scrubbies cute?

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016