Monday, April 26, 2010

the making of a wedding banner day 4

I DID IT!!!! I GOT IT FINISHED!!!! I finished the just married banner for Janine and Matt, with 2 days
to go before we leave for NY.
I really enjoyed using my mom's sketches, and this process reminded me of when I would go to the outdoor art shows she would enter, and just sit and watch her draw (she liked to do cartoons with pastels). There was one year that I remember my sister Dawn even had her artwork side by side with my mom's. Someday I'll have to blog about the fun we had at the Allentown Art Shows in downtown Buffalo, NY during the 70's. What a great time we had there, despite the riots. This second picture is the finished project with the
lettering. I didn't outline the date, but now wonder if I should have. What do you think? Leave a comment below, and left me know your opinion. Later tonight it will be my husband's job to figure out how to attach this to a car. My husband is great for making my ideas into reality.
It was fun sharing this with you all, and hope to do more in the future. Maybe Mandy could share some of her work with us next, hint hint mandy!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

owlsomegifts said...

Lovely work! I think you should outline the date.

Just so cute!

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

I did outline the date. My daughter told me it would look more finished, and of course she was right. :)

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

and thank you owlsome. it's nice to know that someone other than me reads my blogs. hahahaha

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

I did outline the date. My daughter told me it would look more finished, and of course she was right. :)

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016