Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Amanda lives in tornado alley

Happy Tuesday all. My Amanda spent an interesting evening/night at her mom-in-laws waiting for her first tornado from yesterdays storm front. She lives in Kansas, tornado alley. She survived, but maybe now she'll be ready to move home to me???? Hmmm??? No pressure, no guilt. hahaha. I remember my first hurricane after moving to Texas from New York. As hurricane Alicia (back in 1984) moved inland, I was filling both bathtubs and all my sinks with water, and trying to keep my youngest son under the bed where it was safe(??). I had no problem keeping Amanda under the bed, she hates storms. After the first part of the storm, the eye of the hurrican came to town. Imagine my surprise when I saw my neighbors light their grill and grab a beer to "celebrate" the eye. I was sooooo ready to move back home to my momma where, while the snow gets deep and blizzardly, it doesn't move your house. :p A few months after the hurricane, my brother came down and helped us move back to NY, in a blizzard, on Christmas eve. Ahhhhh, weather I could understand.

6 comments:

Paula said...

Having been born and raised in California, home of the earthquake, I have had zero experience with tornado and hurricanes. However, my Mom was raised in Arkansas, and I grew up hearing, "I'd much rather suffer an earthquake that a tornado", so I am sure a first time experience like that is very daunting. I hope that the damage wasn't too severe.

Anonymous said...

Omigosh, I'm so glad Amanda is okay. Maybe she will consider moving after that! I'm in NC so have to deal with tornadoes and hurricanes...hate them both, very scary mother nature craziness!

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

Paradise...I've been working on her to move home ever since she left, hahaha. We are in NC too, but in the foothills. So while you get more bad weather your way, but the time it hits us, it's not quite as bad.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the nice comment and visit to my blog. Returning the favor! I am glad during all of this that I live in California! We may get occasional earthquakes and fires but no hurricanes and tornados for us!

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

Paradise...I've been working on her to move home ever since she left, hahaha. We are in NC too, but in the foothills. So while you get more bad weather your way, but the time it hits us, it's not quite as bad.

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

Having been born and raised in California, home of the earthquake, I have had zero experience with tornado and hurricanes. However, my Mom was raised in Arkansas, and I grew up hearing, "I'd much rather suffer an earthquake that a tornado", so I am sure a first time experience like that is very daunting. I hope that the damage wasn't too severe.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016