Thursday, April 21, 2011

my baby turned 70 yesterday!

Ok, so he's not really my "baby", but he is my honey bunny, my knight in shining armor, my soul mate.  He looks pretty good for an old man, huh? And yes, he got a new power tool for his gift, of course!  I can't believe we've been together for 20 years.  I first met him when he was 49 and I just turned 30.  We started dating the next year, after he pursued me, hahaha.  We lived just a few blocks apart for about 3 years, and I don't recall ever seeing him before, but after our first meeting, he was everywhere...he told me later he would ride around on his bike (motorcycle) to look for me.  I loved it.  My marriage was in it's last death throws, and it was so nice to have someone interested in me.  I mean he liked to talk (he did not follow sports, a big plus in my book), and to actually listen to what I had to say.  We talked about everything.....it was wonderful.  I know people, especially my family, was concerned about the almost 19 year age difference, but I never was.  When it started to get serious, Chuck tried to back off, so I did the pursuing, and prayed him down the aisle.  Literally.  I proposed, and when he left to go home, I called my girlfriends, and we prayed.  The next day Chuck said, "let's do it".  Like he ever had a choice, hahahaha.  Now, it wasn't always hearts and roses, after all God put together a conservative man of the 50's with a woman's libber of the 70's, and while we learned from each other, we learned mostly from God.  He had a plan to bless us, not harm us, and we both came out of difficult marriages, with equally difficult divorces.  So it took almost 3 years from that first meeting to our wedding day.  And the day we married, we both put Jesus dead center of our lives.  That's the only way to do it, and have it work.  I look back on our lives together, and feel so blessed.  And I am looking forward to what God has in store for the next 20 years.
Thank you God! (and thank you Robin.)

5 comments:

Knitful Dezigns said...

This was so beautiful :) I loved reading it!! I hope he had a wonderful birthday!!!!!!!!! This was soo cute <3 <3 Its amazing what prayer can do :D

Unknown said...

Your post was beautifully written!
It reminded me of how much I love Mark!
Happy Birthday to "your baby" <3

Janet said...

Prayed him down the aisle. Thanks for the laugh, and happy birthday and best wishes to you both!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

What an awesome story! Thank you so much for sharing it with us.

And tell him Happy Birthday!

Laura lok said...

ah that was sweet

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016