Wednesday, July 6, 2011

healthy eating is killing me, hahahaha

Well, we are trying to live a healthier lifestyle here at OHTY, especially since they now say that dark chocolate is good for you. :)  But seriously, I've gone the route of adding calories, counting points, weighing and measuring serving sizes, and while I lost a few pounds in the beginning (3 years ago), I've been up and down with the last 3 pounds since.  So I am tossing out my scale, and if I feel healthy and can keep up with my 2 year old grandson, I'm fine with that.  But to feel healthy, you need to eat healthy.  My husband loves to garden, and I love to can, especially tomatoes.  So I want to share a quick and easy reciepe that Amanda made with some of our fresh garden tomatoes.
Grilled open face tomato and cheese sammy: take some
french bread brush it with extra virgin olive oil/oregano/red pepper flakes, toast it on the grill then add tomatoes and mozzarella cheese on top and allow the cheese to melt. Made with homegrown tomatoes from my mom's garden, they were super-juicy and super-yummy!

With home-made spinach and artichoke dip.  Amanda got the recipe from Food Network, really easy, made with all-natural stuff- no added chemicals for processing! 
Debbi

7 comments:

sweetybird09 said...

Looks like its good!

I am frustrated with my weight also, I exercise a lot and the #'s do not come down...just ate a salad and a peach so that has gotta be good right?

Christie Cottage said...

Those look good! I have tomatoes :-)

Have a great day!

<><
http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

MYSAVIOR said...

I WISH I had some real fresh tomatoes. These sammys and the dip look really delish!

♥♥♥
Sue

Crafty Mommas said...

yummy, sounds so good! I just love fresh summer tomatoes!

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

thank you ladies...I love tomatoes. And sweetiebird, stop looking at the numbers. As long as you feel good, and watch your portion sizes, it's all good. God loves each of us and created us in all different shapes and sizes. <3
Debbi

Laura lok said...

actually that looks really good.

Unknown said...

Looks good! My daughter lost some weight just by eliminating surgery soft drinks. I couldn't believe it.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016