Monday, November 21, 2011

a misty Monday morning

The weather here has been great (I think), staying warm, with a few cold fronts that just passed on through.  It was cool at the end of the week, but now it's warming up again, which makes for some great misty fog here in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.  You can see them in the distance.  It's hard to take good nighttime pictures, even though it was 6:30 am, it was still dark outside.  When I tried to "fix" it with my Picassa program, the pictures lost all the mystery of the mist. So I stopped trying to fix them. But it was beautiful outside.  The top picture is my favorite tree, right across the street.  It has this little patch of leaves that turn red in the spring while the rest of the tree is green.  The next one is the kids playset in the back yard.  And the last one is the farm across the street. 
 You can almost make out the house and horse pasture, with the mountains rising up in the background.  It's moments like this that I am reminded of just how much God loves me, because He has so wonderfully blessed me.
Debbi

2 comments:

riorita said...

I love your photographs of a misty morning. I don't remember when I last was up at 06:30 am...

Miss Val's Creations said...

Amazing photos! Nature is so beautiful even when dreary!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016