Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday Shopping Link Up - snow and cold

Sorry I'm late. I had a wonderfully good time last night at our Creative Memories Christmas Open House scrapbooking party. I had a good time, but got home late. Then this morning, we needed to run for hay, the horses don't care if I have a blog waiting...hahaha. So today I'm looking for something cold, snowy, white, you get the idea. So let's go see what we can find. First Etsy..
When I searched and this photo came up, well since it's the horses fault I'm late, teehee, I had to choose this black and white horse photo. I love the contrast from the pretty white snowflakes, and the horse just standing there. When you look close you can see the wind blowing the tail, brrrrrr, cold. You can find more great photos at moonlight photography. Now onto Artfire....
Now, what's winter without penguins. Let me introduce you to Rupert the Penguin. He's a bobby pin. A pair actually, and very cute too. My kids loved the movie Happy Feet, so of course they want to go to the theater and see Happy Feet 2, but I'm cheap (I prefer the term frugal) so we'll wait till it comes out on DVD and have it forever. lol. Now if you go to the shop of Very Vintage, you'll find a great collections of items to purchase for Christams gifts. You'll even find a set of cuff links in the shape of a steak, for the manly meat eater in your life. Or the vegitarian who dreams of meat, hahaha. sorry, mean me. :~D Ok, let's try Zibbet this week...
I thought I would look for something black and white (see above 2 items) but then I saw and fell in love with this cute little snowman. How can you not fall for that little grin on this smiling snowman greeting card? I found this in the shop Dorcas, and here you'll find not only other original greeting cards, but some embroidery pieces as well. Embroidery seems to be a "dying" craft, you don't see much of it anymore, but I remember learning from my mom and how fun it was to make our own designs and pictures.

Well, that's all I have to share today. What would you like to share? Just link up below, and invite your friends.
Debbi

3 comments:

riorita said...

Rupert the Penguin is adorable! I am glad you had a good time last night!

Anonymous said...

Love the penguin bobby pins. I was just etsy shopping last night for bobby pins to put in my girls' stockings. I'll definitely be checking those out!

Miss Val's Creations said...

The photos in Moonlight Photography are so gorgeous! I love those embroidered cards too! Although I am not exciting about winter approaching, snowmen always make me smile.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016