Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday Shopping Link Up - Giving Thanks

All righty, we are now into the month of November, and like I was saying yesterday, let's slow down and enjoy this season before rushing headlong into Christmas.  I know that I will be putting up my outside Christmas lights before Thanksgiving, but I will NOT turn them on until the day after Thanksgiving.  Which is the designated day to go tree hunting.  Amanda wants to start a new tradition, we are all going to pile in our cars and drive up the mountain to a tree farm (not the local tree stand), complete with hay rides and hot cocoa.  Chuck is good with that, as long as he doesn't have to hike into the woods and cut the tree down himself.  We used to do this a very long time ago when my children were very little, and it was such fun, despite the below zero temperatures and snow (it was Buffalo, NY after all).  So before we start our linky party, let's see what I found to share...
Oh my, talk about family memory flashbacks...this is sooooo my mom.  She was a wonderful redhead artist who loved the color orange, and she would have loved these cloth napkins from rearchitect.  No traditional fall colors for her, oh no, she had a bit of orange on everything.  And I do mean everything.  Mom went home in 2000, and I miss her so much that orange has become my favorite color.  I hated it as a teen, but I am drawn to it as if by a magnet now that I'm....well, no longer a teen, heehee.
And since this has turned into a memory post as well as a party post, I was happy to have found this embroidered hand towel by quiltsbydebbie.  You see, my oldest sister, (and my second mother) Kathy helped my mom care for me, since I was the youngest of 6.  I was told that Kathy just claimed me for herself from the day I was born.  Now, Kathy is with mom.  She lost her battle with breast cancer at the too young age of 50, in 2001.  This towel is special because as much as mom loved orange, Kathy was crazy over racoons.  And I do mean crazy, lol.
OK, enough melancholy memories, now to perk things up, I think I'll grab this very cute dog collar from RogueCollars for my Pee Wee.  After all, even our pets deserve to join us in our celebrations, :~D

Ok, now it's your turn....time to search your shops/blogs/whatevers and link up what makes you thankful.  And invite all your friends, snacks and drinks are on me!
Debbi


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodmorning. I found you by way of etsy. What delightful blog you have.
I am having a GIVEAWAY

http://shesinthestitchingcoop.blogspot.com/2011/10/sometimes-its-good-to-follow.html

If you would like to enter your name. I look forward to following along with you.
Tammy

Tisha said...

I give thanks for Jesus, my family, friends, and all the laughter my pets provide.

Joy Light Designer said...

Hello and good morning. I'm giving thanks for my good health and the health of my children and grandchildren. I'm thankful for the beauty of my home and community. My grandmother went home earlier this year and I know she'd love this amethyst ring by Adzia:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/75933981/vintage-art-nouveau-14k-white-gold

I'm grateful for so much, I am a beloved child of God, my car works great, I have access to materials and information and I have been blessed with creativity! I'm grateful for the stores that buy and sell my hand painted silks so that I can do work that I love!

Since its suddenly cold, I'd love this cashmere poncho coat to keep warm in this winter! http://www.etsy.com/listing/62501259/one-fine-day-cashmere-poncho-coat-p1004

I'm grateful for the friends I'm making online, in the teams on Etsy. So grateful for the encouragement and fun we have by sharing our creative spirits!

I hope everyone has a great weekend and is able to stay warm and be creative!

Warm regards, Joy

FabricFascination said...

Lovely post about your memories, and very nice choices too.

I used to live in Buffalo, so I know what you mean about the weather.

Anonymous said...

Nice finds made extra special because of the people they remind you of! TFS

Unknown said...

I am thankful to have every day. However, this time of year brings me back to a special place of thanks and gratitude. I am reminded that what we have is so much more than what we need. God is so gracious! Any my relationship with my Savior, Jesus, is my source of joy. I am thankful for a devoted husband, 3 beautiful children, and 2 precious grandsons. And that I can quilt/sew and sell on www.etsy.com/shop/QuiltedPleasures. Blessings to you all!

BonJeanCreations said...

I have fond memories also of going out to a tree farm when my children were young, looking for hours for the perfect tree, cutting it down and taking it home to decorate. I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, foremost. I am thankful for the time and resources I have now to do the things that I love such as sew, crochet, and knit. To make and share my items on Etsy and the internet.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/bonjean67?ref=si_shop

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016