Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday Shopping Link Up - pay it forward

Friends.  Where would we be without friends in our lives.  I can honestly say that my husband is my best friend, but let's face it girls, there are just some things we can't talk about to men.  So my daughter Amanda is my next best friend.  It is nice when your family are also your friends.  So that is today's linky party theme.  Friends.  And friends do for each other, but before we start the party, let's see what Etsy has for friends.
Oh my, I love this original oil painting by Dorothy L Morgon.  It's titled "Best Friends and Sisters".  That aptly describes my relationship with my sisters.  We've had our ups and downs, times of talking, and times of fighting.  But bottom line, no-one talks about my sisters....but me of course, lol.
I decided to branch out this week, and I found these best friends forever necklaces in the Artfire shop of SilentGoddess.  Now what young girl didn't have a best friend in school?  I had several, but there was my BFF Patty Oldfield, and we had necklaces something like these.  Hmmm, time to call her again. :~D
And these Alaska Friendship Baskets come from the HandmadeArtistsShop of AlaskaBaskets.  Made of embroidery floss and jute cord spokes, these little baskets are so very bright and pretty.  And 50% of the proceeds go to charitable causes, mostly to help prevent suicide among Alaskan natives.  Because that's what friends do, they help each other.
Now for the linky party rules...this week you CAN NOT list your items, you must PAY IT FORWARD and list an item from a friends shop.  I tested this on Pixel Berry's blog hop, just put in the URL for your friends shop, but your own email address (hidden).  Then pick your favorite item in your friends shop.  Then make sure you let your friend know how much you care, with a link to this blog, so your friend can then pay it forward.  Share the love!
Debbi


7 comments:

Annie said...

Great idea, Debbi! I added a bracelet from my friend Francine's shop: JewelryByFrancine.

Dough, Dirt & Dye
Empty On the Inside

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

I'm glad you like it Annie, cuz I tested it on your christmas card. I hooked you up on Pixel Berry Pie Linky Party. lol

Debbi

Pixel Berry Pie Designs said...

Thanks for the note! I linked up a friend's shop today!

D. Valentin said...

What a great idea for a linky tool -

found via blogging buddies.

Melanna said...

That's a great linky idea. And I totally had a necklace like that with my childhood best friend.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Friends are so important. I always look forward to getting together with my girlfriends and venting with each other. We have so much fun!!!

debbi@yankeeburrowcreations said...

thanks for the comments. parties are fun!!!
Debbi

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016