Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I'm ready for summer

Now, I am not one to complain (much), and while the weather here has been wonderful for winter, I am sooo ready for summer.  And to that end, let me share with you some past summer days with the kids, and some shops with great summer items.  Now first, at the end of last summer, we found an amazing water park right here in Statesville.  We have lived here for just over 12 years and never knew about this place, the Statesville Leisure Pool.  It's part of the cities parks and recreation, and for only $6.00 per person, it is a very affordable all day mini-vacation with your family.  Bring your own coolers with food to eat (outside the park) or purchase something at the snack bar.  There are chairs and tables and umbrellas, sprinklers for the little ones to run thru, and a tubing area and bigger slide for the bigger kids.  We had a ball, and Owen loved it.  We learned about this place on the last day it was open, so this summer we plan to go several times.  While we have our own pool for daily fun, sometimes it's nice to just go out!

I did a search on Etsy for children, water, and summer, and on the first page I found these very cute Water Balloon Flip Flops from the shop Debbiefife.  You can't go wrong purchasing from a Debbi, lol.
I myself have several embellished flip flops for sale in my Handmadeartistsshop, so let's see what else we can find amongst the talented artists there...(how's that for a tie-in, oh I'm good :~D )

These Faith, Family, and Love Flip Flops from the HAS shop lilybluedesigns were created for a wonderful cause, 25% of the proceeds from the sale of these flip flops go to help Robert the Great, a young boy fighting lukemia.  There are also other charms in this shop to help support this family in their fight for life.
And since I'm not above a little self-promotion...
you'll find my Rainbow flip flops in our very own HAS shop, aptly named, Ourhometoyours! hahaha.  Now the water balloon flip flips are listed as girls size 12 - 13, and mine are listed as 8 1/2 ", I'm sure they all can be made in the perfect size for you, just let us know what you need!  So, start planning your summer days, and don't forget your summer wardrobes!
Debbi

4 comments:

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

I'm not feeling quite ready for summer yet, but I could sure go for spring!

Anonymous said...

I'm pushing for Spring in the worst way. I want to fling my windows open. go out in my garage and start sanding some of my projects I've been collecting for my home this winter. So anxious. So Though i'm not ready for summer (gets too hot for me), I am full throttle for Spring. Hugs. T

Annie said...

Thanks for the little taste of heat and sunshine!

Dough, Dirt & Dye

TamsJewelry said...

I am still waiting for Spring.LOL Nice post. I can't really complain about the weather considering I live in Texas. I wish you warmth!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016