Thursday, January 26, 2012

a relaxing Thursday.

Amanda and I did something today that we haven't done in a very long time...we took the day off!  No kids, no work, no laptops.  Just her and I and the open road.  Ok, I admit, I took along a crochet scarf to work on while she was driving, but that's not "real" work, lol.  Amanda found a dresser she liked on facebook, so we went on a search to Curiosity in Blowing Rock, NC.  First we got a little lost, but getting lost in Blowing Rock is fun....this summer it will be time for another trip to walk the Main Street to see all the new shops.  Anyway, the shop Curiosity has some really neat items there, and next door to it was another neat shop, The Incredible Toy Company....that totally deserves another trip after payday.  I am one of those people that prefer educational board games.  Then my wonderful daughter treated me to lunch at Applebees, their 2 for $20 made it a great deal, we were stuffed.  During this time together we just talked and laughed.  It's great when your daughter is also your friend!
But now it's back to work, I jumped on a Blog/Fanpage Hop hosted by Theresa at Chatter from Texas, so if you're looking for some new blogs to follow, or are looking for new followers yourself, join me there.

Chatter From Texas 
I've put a permanent link to this Thursdays Get Together on my linky-party tab, so you can come on over anytime.  And I'll see you all tomorrow.
Luv ya's,
Debbi

 

1 comment:

Pamela Bates said...

sounds like a gREAT day!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016