Wednesday, January 25, 2012

trying new things! iKnitQuiltSew

If you caught my blog post(s) yesterday, you'll see where I was playing with my new phone...trying a new blogger app, and not doing too well with it, lol.  Another new thing in my life this year is my shop on the Handmadeartistsshop site.  It's a forum, and it's a selling site, and part of the "newness" is that there are new artists that I get to meet, and share.  So my first HAS artist feature is.... *drum roll please*.... iKintQuiltSew!
Not all artists work with paint, or clay, or marble.  Sandi is an artist that lovingly creates beauty with fabric and yarn.  She learned to knit and sew from her grandmother, and uses the patterns that came from her great-grandmother, giving such a touch of vintage class to all her items, like this...
 Camo Colors Knit Baby Hat and Booties gift set.  With all the great-grands, and great-nephews and nieces popping up in my family, gift sets are a God-send to my sanity.  And let's not forget poor tired mommy...with this beautiful Ladies Headband with flower.  The color is sure to brighten any sleep deprived new mother, and make her look, and feel, wonderful.

And if your newest family member is a little girl, what little girl could resist this...meet Anne the rag doll
I made a doll..once..for a granddaughter, and let me tell you, attaching curly hair onto a doll was enough to make me pull out my own hair.  It's so much better when Sandi does it, lol.  This doll looks so soft and ready to help your little angel have sweet dreams.  And then hang this colorful Hand Quilted Baby Quilt on the nursery wall.  What a perfect touch! 

The last item I would like to share is the very first item that caught my eye from this shop...a gorgeous Handmade Log Cabin Lap Quilt.  The air can be a little nippy at those 3am feedings, heehee.
You can also get to know Sandi by becoming a follower of her blog, and like her on facebook to get all the latest up to the minute news on iKnitQuiltSew.

Be Blessed!
Debbi

4 comments:

Sandi Levy said...

Debbi... Thank you SO MUCH for this wonderful article! I am so incredibly flattered!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Debbi,

Terrific article about a very talented handmade artists... Sandi is awesome! Thank you for sharing her creations!

Cari

lilndmama said...

Great post about a super person! :) I love your picks too!

TamsJewelry said...

Wonderful post! She is so talented,love the items you chose to feature!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016