Thursday, January 19, 2012

We love our cats

I have almost always had a cat in my life, and my children (especially Amanda) has inherited my love of all things feline.  Right now she has a grey tabby named Droopy.  He's named that because he is probably the laziest of cats in history.  Droopy is now up in age and very ill, he can't keep food down, and is nothing but bones, but still loves to just sit and be loved.  So, because I know that the end is near for Droopy, and will be hard for Amanda, let me share some of my favorite pictures of Droopy from when he was young and healthy.  And when you read this, please say a little prayer for Amanda, because if you have ever loved a pet, you'll understand.

"Look, out the window, should I chase that bird?"

"Naaaaah."




No box, or basket, was safe from Droopy.  He could sleep anywhere at anytime.  Stuff still in the box?  So what, he'd climb in anyway.


 Ok, is that ham I smell?"  He would wait till he thought we weren't looking, then slip his paw up and steal from the plate.
Now go hug and pet your pet.  All they desire is your attention, and what they give in return can make all your problems just disappear.
Debbi

8 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

sweet cat, great photos...thanks for sharing...hope you have a super weekend!

enjoy *~*

Julie said...

My last cat lived to 27yrs and was much loved! Droopy is adorable.(((hugs)))Julie

Miss Val's Creations said...

Droppy is adorable and looks like he has a lot of personality! It is sad to hear he is nearing the end. I have 2 cats myself so I can imagine how Amanda is feeling.

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

What a cutie. So sad as pets gets older. We lost a dog several years ago, and I still miss him even though we have a new dog. Pets really become part of the family. Best wishes to you and Amanda.

Unknown said...

what a cool collection of cats!!!!

PuppyLovePrincess said...

awe... i love my kitty, too. she's a senior kitty (18!)

CraveCute said...

Droopy is so cute in these photos! They are so much fun and bring such joy to life. As they age they need special care just like we do! My 15 year old kitty was just diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. I have lot's to think about with her treatment. It is so hard to say goodbye to our sweet furry friends. ~ Diane

Annie said...

Virtual hugs to Droopy and Amanda. It's so hard...but animals bring us such joy, too. Debbi, Droopy is the spitting image of my favorite childhood cat named Gray. He was so handsome and smart. One of our treasured photos is of him sitting just like Droopy at the table, nose lifted, eyes narrowed, ready to get that unattended piece of bacon on the plate. Precious.

Empty On the Inside
Dough, Dirt & Dye

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016