Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Shopping Link Up - your happy place

Yesterday I blogged about the HP computer that I just fell in love with, which gave me the theme for today's linky party....your happy place.  I have many happy places; my studio, the beach, the woods, my living room, church, outdoors, indoors.  Our happy places are whereever we CHOOSE to be happy.  We can dwell on sadness, or we can dwell on happiness, so let's dwell where we feel good.  Another place I am happy is window shopping, so let's see what I found today that put a smile on my face...
Beads make me happy.  I love looking at them, and rubbing them, and stringing them.  Aren't these Polymer Clay Lentil Beads just breath-taking? I was blessed to be included in an Etsy treasury with these beads, and I just can't stop staring at them.  The bright colors just get my creative juices going....and when you visit the shop Polymer Clay Beads...you will most certainly find beads that would make you happy too. 
On Zibbet, I did a search with the keyword orange, because orange makes me think of Mom and while I'm sad she's gone, my memories of her life make me happy.  Now this original oil painting by jennylee, titled Hawaiian Orange Sunset hit 2 of my happy places...orange, and Hawaii, a place I always wanted to visit.  And I will someday, it's on my bucket list, along with getting my own motorcycle.
And hats make me happy.  I'm a bit of a throw back...I love the styles and looks of past centuries, and I love to wear hats.  I have almost as many hats as I do shoes.  I will buy a hat or a pair of shoes first and then shop for an outfit to match.  It makes Chuck crazy...lol.  Now this Red Beautiful Wool Felted Hat has a bit of a flapper feel to it, and since I don't have a flapper outfit...you got it, more shopping for me. 8~D  So pop over to Beata's Soul at Handmadeartists and check out all the great fashion accessories she has, surely you will find something to bring you to your happy place.

 
Now it's your turn, click on the link below to add your happy place item and/or blog.  Because it just takes too much energy to be unhappy!
Debbi

5 comments:

Barbara Rosenzweig said...

Hi Debbi,

Love your blog!

...and so glad that you enjoy my painting of your mother's favorite flower, the Bird of Paradise!

Isobel Morrell said...

Hello there! Just saw you'd got the party started - am about to do a blog and if I think it follows your happy thread, will link. But, whatever - we're got in touch here! Cheers.

Isobel Morrell said...

Hi there - later today! Sorry, but what with one thing and another, the blogging will be getting done tomorrow instead. Will try to synchronise with you next week, this time! Cheers.

cksilver said...

I love the life and the vibrancy of the colors in this pendant. Reminds me of the beach in Hawaii or Mexico!
http://www.etsy.com/listing/38929958/foil-glass-sweet-16-pendant-wire-wrapped

Beauty Boss Agnes said...

People who are unhappy do not realize how much they have and could be happy about....its the little things in life that count....just making cookies with the grandkids does it for me....:)

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016