Saturday, March 17, 2012

HAF artist spotlight....Chainmaille by MBOI

Chainmaille, it's not just for knights anymore!
I love going to those Renaissance Festivals to people watch...it's amazing what you will see there.  People dressed in the most unusual ways.  I once saw an overweight woman dressed as a cavewoman.  What that had to do with the Renaissance, I don't know, but it was a sight I just can't get out of my mind. LOL.  I also enjoy seeing all the wonderful crafts there, I found the chainmaille the most amazing.  So delicate and intricate, yet used in warfare.  Well, Andrew at Chainmaille by MBOI  is one of those talented people that creates amazing chainmaille.  His jewelry is beyond description, so take a look at these photos...
I am awestruck by this Copper Elfsheet Chainmaille Bracelet.  I can totally see this being worn by Arwen while she counsels Bilbo and Frodo and Gandalf on their quest.  And if you don't know what I'm talking about, grab Tolkiens Lord of the Rings Trilogy (start with The Hobbit) and enjoy an afternoon in Middle Earth.  I don't mean to get sidetracked, but when I see what Andrew creates, my mind just goes there.  Middle earth, Renaissance, you know.
Now this is so intricate and delicate.  A Copper Celtic Star Chainmaille Pendant.  Now let's imagine a knight from the Round Table, (King Arthur's table in case you didn't already know that).  Sir Lancelot comes back from battle, and takes his chainmaille chest piece and fashions this pendant for Guinevere.  (Don't tell the King).  She can now carry a piece of him with her close to her heart! *sigh*  Well, I have to say, Andrew has sure got my imagination fired up today. hahaha.
And this last piece I chose because I just love how he incorporated Swarovski crystals with sterling silver chainmaille to create this Sterling Silver Romanov Salvation Bracelet.  According to Christian belief (and mine) the colors in this bracelet represent the salvation message; black for the sin of mankind, red for the precious blood of Jesus Christ, white for the salvation he freely gives to us, blue for the waters of baptism, green for new growth in our now spiritual lives, amber for the golden streets of Heaven, and purple for the Royalty of Jesus, the King of kings and Lord of lords.  Amen!
Andrew is also part of the driving force behind the HandmadeArtist site, a site I am glad I joined and I invite you to join it too.  And thank you Andrew, I had fun talking about you today.  Time to get my books out and enjoy the rest of this sunny spring day in Middle Earth.  Oh, and Andrew, just what does MBOI stand for?
Debbi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the love...and MBOI stands for Makin The Best Of It which is the shop we started with my painted glass. When we added chainmaille we felt it should have its own spotlight!

Handmade Artists' Forum and Shop said...

Thanks for the love Debbi! just want to say my wife Kimberly makes pieces as well. 2 of the ones shown were hers so, I want to give credit where credit is due LOL
Thanks again,
Andrew

Sandi Levy said...

I can't imagine the patience it takes to do this!

Nancy Pace Art said...

Awesome Debbi!! Great post! And I agree chainmaille is too much for me to do, but I really admire anyone that does it:)
Nancy Pace

Unknown said...

Lo love the post!

Unknown said...

I agree Sandi… patience and more patience, Amazing Artist!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016