Thursday, April 5, 2012

a craft collectors dream

I have been so swamped lately, I think my to-do list has learned how to reproduce while I'm sleeping. Not only do I have my normal housework, my responsibilities to my children and foster care, I am redecorating (very slowly), switching all our business stuff from ourhometoyours to yankeeburrowcreations, and taking new item pictures to update our listings.  Well, the other day Chuck's son brought me a truck full of crafting...stuff. It seems an older woman they know was moving into a nursing home and they were helping her clean her house. She graciously allowed them to have all her crafting supplies, which they brought to me. I love those kids!
In this pile of bags and boxes we found...
knitting and crochet projects started but not completed, the needles and instructions included,
needlework kits,
leather working supplies,
hoops, needles, floss, storage boxes,
yarn, yarn, and more yarn.
All this made me so delightfully giddy!!!!
Right now it's all just dumped in the middle of my studio, Chuck has graciously agreed to help me build racks and on one wall I am going to make cubbies for all the yarn.
But first...my kitchen floor is sticky from spilled koolaid...
Debbi

6 comments:

Brook said...

Sounds like a fun stash. I'm glad her crafting stuff found a home with you.
Brook @ CutesyBootsie

Sandy said...

So that's what happens to my To Do list. Like the dryer that eats one sock, the To Do list grows at night. Hmm, you can't turn your back on them for a minute! LOL!
What a wonderful treasure packed with so much fun!

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Lucky you! How fun to have all that treasure to mine.

Paige @ Little Nostalgia said...

What an awesome surprise! I hope you make lots of fun new things.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

You got a treasure!!

Annie said...

Oh my gosh!! What a treasure trove! (PS I hear ya on the dang TO DO list!! What gives?!)

An Unrefined Vegan

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016