Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fashion Wire for the Fashionista

Well, I am sorry to say that the BESTeam on Etsy has been dissolved, but in the 3 years that I was a part of this team, I made some wonderful new friends, and featured some amazing talent.  So, while this is not a BESTeam feature, I do want to feature the amazing talent of Connie Tescar, and her shop,
I love jewelry, and I've "attempted" some wire wrapping.  But only in my dreams does my wrapping look like this.  Thankfully Connie not only sells her creations, she also has tutorials in her Etsy shop.
Browsing through Connie's shop, it was so hard to choose only a few items for this feature, but I had to show you this Sweet Red Enamel Heart Pendant.  This is how Connie created this piece... "This lovely heart pendant is made by torch firing several layers of glass onto a copper heart blank. I punched the metal with several holes and then after firing, handcrafted a bail and wove it into the heart."  Now that's truly handmade, from start to finish.

I've never seen earrings like these Brilliant Yellow Tassel Teardrop Earrings.  The yellow citrine teardrop gemstone is surrounded by beautifully antiqued pure copper wire.  The earwires are high quality hypoallergenic niobium, so they would work for everyone.  And I love how she incorporated the chain to show off the gemstones.
I had to share this last piece, since we just welcomed our 5th great-grandson into our family.  With 10 perfect tiny toes, this Blue Baby Boy Footprint Pendant is the perfect reminder to every parent how precious our children are, to all of us.  Connie also offers these in pink and yellow.

Well, that's it for my BESTeam swan song....and I'm glad I got to share Fashion Wire today.  Look for Connie and her creations all over the web by clicking on any of these links.  And don't stay away.  While I may no longer be featuring BESTeam members...there are way too many great artisans on Etsy and Handmadeartists that I need to share!


Be blessed,
Debbi 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Debbi,

I am so sorry that the team is dissolved and especially if I am one of the reasons! I just wanted you to know that i did my final feature on Chicky D's...I know I pushed it until the end, but thought I would pick up effective June 1. I will look for your email..I appreciate you so much! Blessings, Connie
jushttp://www.islandbuzzy.com/2012/05/pickleball-anyone.htmlt

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016