Wednesday, June 6, 2012

HAF artist spotlight....Nancy's Wild Wire Art

This week at the Handmade Artist Forum, our artist of the week is Nancy, the talented artist of the shop Nancy's Wild Wire Art.
Nancy lives in Southern Illinois and is a Juried artist in the Illinois Museums Artisan Program, and a member in the SRAJD.  The SRAJD is The International Organization for Self-Representing Artists in Jewelry Design.   The first item that I will share is a great example of her skills.

This Etched Sunflower Necklace is her original design, a replica of the sunflowers growing outside her studio window.  In the item description, Nancy explains that creating a piece of jewelry like this takes several steps, from the first design, to the etching, to the end piece, complete with pretty charms for added oompf.

This print of her original piece, "When Willows Weep" is my favorite piece.  Growing up there was a grove of trees behind our big farmhouse.  In this grove was a massive willow tree, where I would climb under the hanging branches, and I made myself my own little world.  I love the poem Nancy wrote to accompany this print, all about fairies, nymphs, and trolls...fits this painting perfectly.

This last piece is part of a series that Nancy has recently started...It's in the Genes Blue Jean Art.  Nancy takes old blue jeans, cuts out the size she wants, then paints jeans on the jeans.  Add a few buttons and wire...viola...art for your wall.  She paints more then jeans on the jeans, but you'll have to visit her shop to see it all.

You can find Nancy's Wild Wire Art at the following places.

So don't waste time, click on over and tell Nancy I said "Hi".

Be Blessed,
Debbi

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Debbi - Great Post! OH I didn't see Nancy's willow tree before! That's very cool! The willow tree next door to where I grew up is still there. love that tree.
Thanks so much for being such a great supporter on my blog!

Thunder Rose said...

Love your article Debbi. Nancy's art is so wonderful. I really like the sunflower necklace.
Blessings to you!

2justByou said...

Oh wow...I love sunflowers, and that etched necklace is SOOOO cool!!!
I'm going to take a better look right now.
~Kim
http://2justByou.blogspot.com

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love Nancy's style. It is very fantasy inspired! Her wire wrapping work is stunning!

Memories for Life said...

I love her Etched Sunflower Necklace...very unique!

Unknown said...

Isn't this cute and what a clever and resourceful idea. Must love the upcycled art!

Unknown said...

Great article Debbi, Nancy is quite the artist and I find her etchings wonderful.

Larissa said...

She's terrific!

TamsJewelry said...

Very Talented!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016