Tuesday, August 21, 2012

what's new in our shop, and a little to make you smile

Hi everyone.  I haven't been very regular with my posts lately, maybe I need Activia. hahaha.  But I have been busy, with kids, with summer, and with my hook.  During my last vacation I started many projects, and the 3 that I actually completed I recently listed in my Handmade Artists shop.  I found a really nice pattern for dish cloths from Charlotte Richardson on Tangledyarns.

This pattern is titled "Nubby Dishcloth", and I really like how the stitch makes the surface bumpy and ready for scrubbing.  Plus this color yarn, "Candy" is my favorite.  If the color looks familiar, it's because I talked about it a few months ago when I was weaving my first project (a belt) with the loom Hubby built for me. 

These dish cloths come in a set of 4, and are wonderfully oversized.  I made them 9" x 9.5" so there is more cloth to wash with, and thereby making that chore go faster.  That make sense to me, hahaha.  Once I used my candy yarn, I had to stop and get more, so this next set is "Summer Splash".  You get 2 cloths with the colored yarn, and 2 cloths with ecru, and all have contrasting yet matching trim.
This last set is perfect to get you in the mood for fall.  Created with Sage Green and Country Red, I used a beautifully speckled Ecru yarn to tie them all together.  I will definitely be making more of these for myself, and for gifts.  You can find these dish cloths, and our other home decor items in our shop at Handmadeartists.com.  And while you're there, be sure to check out the other amazing talent there.  If you're an artist looking for a site to sell, we got you covered too. :-)
Now, just because I haven't shared Owen lately, here he is to entertain you.
Be blessed,
Debbi

1 comment:

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Great looking dish cloths.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016