Wednesday, September 12, 2012

HAF artist spotlight....Rasmussengem's

Before I start today's artist highlight for Handmadeartists.com, I have to share this story with you.  We have a shop on this site and well as another well-known bigger site.  Yesterday evening I was updating our shop announcement but the links were messing up my shop page.  So, I went to our forum and posted my problem.  Within 2 hours I had a response from Andrew Kitchen, (one of the owners of the site).  And before bedtime my shop front was fixed!  Isn't that great?  We have had a shop on that other un-named site for about 3 years, and in all that time, I have never had any kind of response from site support, let alone the site owner.  All I ever got was some help, and a lot of criticism from other sellers.  With all that being said....come on over and join an albeit smaller, but much better, site...Handmadeartists.com.  And thank you Andrew, and Josie!
Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Rasmussen Gems and Jewelry.
John Rasmussen and his wife Debora fill their shop with beautiful gems and beaded jewelry.  John is a lapidary, gemologist, and metalsmith, and Debora creates the great beaded jewelry pieces.


John finds, finishes, and then offers all types of cabochons and gemstones.  I especially like this Lapis Lazuli Cabochon.  The speckled colors just get my jewelry designing juices flowing.  John cut this cabochon from a rough that was bought in a bazaar in Kandahar Afghanistan.  How exotic that sounds to me.

Here is a sample of Debora's beaded jewelry.  This DZ Mixed Bead Cross Pendant is such a beautiful shade of blue.  I love the graduated sized of the beads that just draw your eyes down to the cross. 
 
John also writes an amazing blog, Rasmussen Gems and Jewelry.  Here he shares his knowledge of gems, and features other artists, and shares his ideas.  He recently wrote this post about how technology changes the face of handmade.  It was fascinating.  You can also find Rasmussen Gem's on facebook.
So click on any of the links above, check out all the goodies at Rasmussen Gem's and join this terrific site.
Be blessed,
Debbi

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful gems, I've always liked the speckled look of Lapis!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the great compliments.

John

Unknown said...

What a great post. I love his work, they really do lovely lovely things. I love your blog, too. Great look and easily read!

Sandi Levy said...

John has some amazing pieces in their shop!

TamsJewelry said...

Love His shop!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016