Saturday, September 29, 2012

What color should I paint my front door?

Sorry I've been a bit MIA lately, but I'm trying to learn more about key phrases, tag words, SEO, blah blah blah...and I know that I need to get up the next to last chapter of YBC storytime "The Power of Love"...but I'm in the mood for some home improvements.  So this week I am taking a survey, what color should I paint my front door?  You can answer on the right, or leave me a comment if you have another idea.  Here is what the front of our boring house looks like right now...

I love the blue we painted our Adirondack chairs, should we carry that to our door?
Or how about the redwood to match the deck?  (That is the color our front light use to be, and will be again).
Chuck said we should keep it white...how boring! heehee
And Hannah suggested yellow, just because she likes to be difficult.
Now don't you be difficult, just vote (blue) and Chuck has agreed to abide by my readers choice.
Be blessed,
Debbi

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok sorry I put my answer somewhere else. Anyway, lots going on here but very pretty. Siding is a great color with everything else going on, use that but in a few shades lighter to tie it all together.

Unknown said...

I would go with a blue that's a little darker than your chairs. Is that part of your home to the left, or is your home attached to the neighbor's?

Unknown said...

Or you could spray your siding the color of the rest light grey and then paint your door red. that would be great.

Anonymous said...

I like the wood color of the deck!

myeuropeantouch said...

Red, as a matter of fact a Burgundy color, it means welcome in a very old tradition...♥
Monika

2justByou said...

I love all shades of blue, so I say go with the blue so it will match those beautiful chairs!
~Kim
2justByou.blogspot.com

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

I'm afraid I voted for the redwood. I can see you wanted us all to vote blue, but I think the red would look good. Plus I'm biased because I have red doors on my house!

Unknown said...

lol sweet! Nicole...that is the addition to our house. We built a "man cave" study off of our bedroom for hubby. We do foster care, and love it, but hubby suffers from severe head and neck pain sometimes, so that is where he hides. lol

Pamela Bates said...

I think either a darker gray than the siding, or a darker shade of the color of the shingles. that way it goes with the house, but allows the chairs and the deck to be your pop of color without competing with the door. just my humble opinion of course.

Unknown said...

MATCH THE DECK. FINAL ANSWER.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016