Tuesday, October 23, 2012

fall flowers

Someone forgot to tell these flowers that summer is over and I am no longer gardening.
 

I found this lonely little petunia in my pot pile.  Just when you think something is dead...and has been dead all summer...well, there she is! lol  And these dainty white flowers were growing over by our fire pit...amongst a pile of dead twigs waiting to be burned.  Yes, I have many piles in our yard, and just for fun, I'll make the kids move them around every now and then.  :0)  A few summers ago, we had a pile of rocks for our garden pond, and a foster son who had anger issues.  So every time he trashed our house or got into a fight, he had to move the pile of rocks.  It was a looooong summer, but by the end of it, he had not only learned to control his outbursts (anger is ok, hitting is not) but he had some great biceps too.
  
Up by my studio is my new, and still growing, hibiscus.  We planted one on each side of the steps.  I just love the bright orange and yellow of the HUGH blooms.  I got this mandavilla to cover our not needed satellite dish.  I thought all mandavilla's were vines, but I bought a bush.  Oh well, the flowers are a pretty red with white stripes.  It's so nice to still be able to go outside and enjoy the remnants of my summer.  I pray everyone enjoys theirs.  And stop looking at the weeds! heehee
Be blessed,
Debbi

7 comments:

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

How funny about the petunia! It is so warm here the last couple of days, who knows what will happen? Probably something will sprout just in time for a blizzard. Northern Illinois weather is nothing if not unpredictable.

2justByou said...

I'm not the gardener of the family...That would be my hubby. But we don't really have any pretty flowers left. =( We got our first rain storm (even tornadoes, which is NOT common where we live), and whatever small pretties we had left were taken out by the rain.
Oh, and by the way, those rocks were a great lesson for that boy! =)
~Kim
2justByou.blogspot.com

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

Aw, love that cutie petunia! Funny the places flowers will pop up -- like your twig pile!

Christie Cottage said...

Beautiful blooms!

<><

Unknown said...

Well, if you are having the same kind of "fall" we are, I'm not surprised about the blooms! we're still in the 70's!
I love that hibiscus - hey if it ever produces seeds, can I have some?? please! I have some seeds from a couple of mine that were white with red centers - if you would like some, I'll send you some - you could start them inside and let them get big enough to withstand the winter - although I grow mine in posts and bring them when it gets cold.
I think doing something physical is a great way to work off anger - I get so much done when I'm upset about something!
Love Mandavillas - yeah I thought they were all vines too!

Marquise Style said...

Lovely flowers!

Unknown said...

I would love to send you some seeds...as soon as I figure out where they are, lol and I would love some of yours.
Debbi

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016