Tuesday, October 16, 2012

talent from the Hiddenite Festival of the Arts 2012

A few weeks ago the kids and I went to the Hiddenite Festival of the Arts near our home.  Today I would like to share with you some of the great crafters and artists that set up home there for the day.


First we saw Harles & Jerry Southers from Southers Woodcraft.  They specialize in Rocking Animals, from horses to cows to this great Harley.  Owen was ready to climb the table to get on that hog. LOL

Next was Don R. Crater from Nature Craft.  Nothing speaks of the beauty of fall better than nature itself.  Right before I took these pictures, someone had purchased a really huge (and I mean HUGE) pumpkin. I love pumpkin and canning pumpkin for great taste all year long, but that one would have lasted me YEARS. hahaha. He also had different types and colors of pumpkins. Hannah liked the bumpy ones.

I enjoy sewing and quilting and was quickly taken with the containers created by Rhonda Boyd of Hats, Bags,  Quilts, oh my!  Aren't they neat?  She was a busy lady and I didn't get a chance to ask her how these were created...but they were amazing.

I saw several people carrying around these bird feeders created from mismatched dishes.  Crafted by Doug McGinnis, I thought these were great way to recycle and reuse discarded and mismatched china.  The birds would love them and what a unique yard decoration.
 
And to end todays post, check out these walking sticks created by Billy Moore of White Pine Hollow.  All natural, handmade curly walking sticks...with amazing details and comfortable in the hand.  He also makes hand-hued mantles and oxen yokes.  Well, that's it for today.  I still have a few artists to share with you, but they will have to wait for another day.   I have a busy day ahead of me, but I sure do enjoy this time I get to spend with you.
Be blessed,
Debbi 

8 comments:

Isobel Morrell said...

Peter would have loved the walking sticks - still have his collection by the front door of my flat!

The quilts look amazing: I used to do it, but find the toys easier to handle. Met a French quilter when I was in France - and boy did she put my puny efforts into perspective! Am trying to persuade her to go on Etsy, but she's fearful of the "risk" of her unique designs being copied. Ummm - when one doesn't speak each other's lingo, it's difficult to get one's views over! Still will keep at it - the world of Etsy wouldn't know what had hit it if I'm successful!

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Neat stuff! I can't get over that wooden Harley. Wow.

2justByou said...

Oh my gosh this looks like such a good time! That Harley is really cool. All of the crafters you've showcased are incredibly talented. Hubby collects walking sticks, so he would've loved to see that booth! The coil baskets are great too. Thanks for sharing!
~Kim
from Blogging Buddies
2justByou.blogspot.com

Nancy Pace Art said...

I loved the baskets made from colorful scraps, I think that is what they were,this looks like a fun show to do or shop:)

Unknown said...

haha Isobel, you are amazing. but I understand your friends fears. If she copyrights her patterns, and puts her name on her images, and even if she posted pictures of her patterns on a blog and copyright that, her designs should be covered. but then again, I don't know the laws on your side of the pond. :0)
Debbi

lilndmama said...

I love the first picture!!!! Sounds like a really fun time and I see a lot of those mismatched dish bird feeders here in ND :D

Unknown said...

The rocking Harley is so cool, love all those colorful pumpkins and the woven baskets. I've seen the cup and saucer feeders before but not the covered ones - what a cool idea! Love the walking sticks - looks like it was a fun time! and you didn't sell there???

Unknown said...

I did the first year we moved down here...but it was still in the upper 90's...way too hot to sit outside all day long. I may have been here for 12 years and am now a "southern belle", but there's still quite a bit of "yankee" left in me. hahaha
Debbi

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016