Monday, November 5, 2012

my 10 day (week) YOU challenge - week 5 - foods

As many of you already know, I am participating in the 10 day you challenge from BlogLoveTherapy.   And this week we are sharing our 5 foods...
 
 
1)  Ok, hmmm, let me think about this...can you guess?
CHOCOLATE
nuff said.
 
2)  Pizza.  Seriously, I could eat pizza everyday.  But not just any type of pizza, it has to be hand tossed (thick crust) and don't try and slip any veggies or funny fish onto my pizza.  No sirree...just crust, sauce (sweet), cheese (lots), and meat!  Pizza Huts meat lovers!  I also enjoy Hawaiian pizza...ham, pineapples, yum yum.  Our local pizza parlor makes great Hawaiian pizza.  Plus, there is a pizza franchise around us where you can eat all you want for only $5.00.  "Welcome to CiCi's"!!  And they have a pizza made with Bavarian cream.  Yes, dessert pizza.  The person who invented dessert pizza should win the Nobel Peace Prize!
 
3)  Chicken.  I love chicken.  Grilled.  Sweet n sour.  Roasted.  Fried.  But I will not eat any of MY chickens.  There's something about eating an animal I have named and carried around my yard. lol.  Once we were eating at our local Golden Corral, and they have a chocolate fountain.  I was telling my kids how everything tastes great dipped in chocolate, so one of the girls decided to try it on her chicken.  Well, I was wrong.  Chocolate covered fried chicken? ummm, not so good. :0)
 
4)  Pumpkin.  This is a big reason why I love the fall.  It's only in the fall that I can get the pumpkin bread from Bob Evans.  Or the Pumpkin Spice creamer from Coffee Mate.  But since I've started canning pumpkin, I can enjoy pumpkin bars, pumpkin bread, pumpkin whoopie pies, all year long.
 
5) And finally, as you can probably tell from the links in this post, I love food that I don't have to cook myself! 
 
If you haven't already, try this challenge for yourself, it's lots of fun.  And if you click on the top link for BlogLoveTherapy, you can see all the other great bloggers participating in this challenge.
If you would like to just share your general blog, or find other cool blogs to follow, click here for BlogLoveTherapy's weekly blog hop.
Until tomorrow....
Be blessed,
Debbi

12 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I love your list. I am not a chocolate eater but I love chicken! I do not think I could eat a chicken that I raised.

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Chocolate, pizza, chicken -- yep, yep, yep. Pumpkin not so much as far as eating, but I like to use them for decorating.

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

Lol I agree with the inventor of the desert pizza being nominated for the noble peace prize! People have gotten the prize for much less... Mmm...love me some grilled chicken too! Do you have a recipe for how you can your pumpkin that you've posted??? I haven't even thought of trying that! I am getting ready to go get some pumpkins on Friday (or so I hope!) and that would be an awesome way to save some of it!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Sheryl Hastings said...

I've not heard of this challenge. How fun! I'm with you on the chicken. I could eat it everyday!

holly said...

What a fun challenge! I am definitely a chocolate and pizza person too. Have you ever had a breakfast pizza? Crust, eggs, cheese and bacon crumbled on top, sooo good.

Unknown said...

MMMM chocolate on dessert pizza...

Unknown said...

especially since we have named them all too. I told hubby that when the old one dies, we're going to bury her with our other pets, he just looked at me like I was nuts. lol
Debbi

Unknown said...

oh, I love the taste of pumpkin. it's a recent love, only about 5 years. I didn't like pumpkin growing up. Funny how things change as we grow up.
Debbi

Unknown said...

canning pumpkin is ridiculously easy. wash the pumpkin and then cut in half and scoop out the insides. pop it in a low temp oven (200 - 250) for about 4 hours. check it and when it is soft to the touch, you take it out and let it cool. the skin should just peel off, if not, just skin it. then cut into cubes. you can either can the cubes (hot pack, boiling water) or do what I do, puree the pumpkin in my food processor, then I can it in pint size cans with my pressure cooker. That saves me a step when I use the pumpkin in receipes.

Helen @ Blue Eyed Beauty Blog said...

Awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing this with me!

Helen
Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

Unknown said...

no, I'll have to try that! thanks. I love taco pizza too. yumm
Debbi

Unknown said...

oh yes!!!
Debbi

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016