Monday, November 12, 2012

my 10 day YOU challenge - 4 books


Hey y'all...here we are at day (week) 4 of the challenge from BlogLoveTherapy
 
4 books....hmmm, this is going to be very difficult because I am an avid reader and can not possibly narrow it down to 4.  So I will be breaking it down to 4 categories.
 
1)  My most favorite book is my Bible.  Yes, I go to church and have faith, but you see, I don't have "religion", I have a "relationship".  And my bible is God's love letter to me.  And one I could not live without!
 
2)  Next up, my favorite books from my past...you know the kind of books that are so well written that you can close your eyes and remember the story years, even decades, later?  I have read 2 like that...J.R.R Tolkiens "The Hobbit" and "The Lord of the Rings" series, which probably everyone has read, or at least seen the movies.  Let me tell you if you have only seen the movies, the books are sooo much better.  The other series is "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" by Stephan R. Donaldson.  They are similar to Tolkiens books, but instead of being a separate world, we are pulled into the world of "the Land" through Thomas Covenant, a modern day leper who finds himself pulled into the Land in his sickness.  If you haven't read it, I won't tell you anymore.
 
3)  The books I find myself drawn to today are mostly series and my favorites are...
"The Mitford Series" by Jan Karon.  A great series about the life of Father Tim set in the funny and cozy world of Blowing Rock, NC.  Only it's not called Blowing Rock in the series.
"The Left Behind Series" by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins.  If you are interested in end time prophecy, these are great fiction books to keep your interest, and I have found them to be scripturally accurate when compared to the Bible.
Any of the many series written by Beverly Lewis.  She is an amazing author who writes stories about life in the Amish community.
And I also love books written by Karen Kingsbury and Ted Dekker.
 
4)  This last category I am going to leave open, because there are so many books out there just waiting to be discovered. 
 
So, that is my challenge for this week, click on the link above to see what other great bloggers are reading.
Be blessed,
Debbi

6 comments:

Recovered Fundie said...

This year my favorite books have been "Soul Survivor" by Phillip Yancey, "The Year of Living Biblically," by A.J. Jacobs, "Christian Prayer," the liturgy of the Catholic church and "Reflections on the Psalms" by C.S. Lewis.

Lisa

Unknown said...

how did you like "soul survivor"?

Miss Val's Creations said...

I love the Lord of the Rings series! I can not wait for the Hobbit movie to be released. Peter Jackson did such an amazing job bringing the Rings series to film and I think he will do the same with the new movie. :)

2justByou said...

Lots of wonderful books on your list of categories! I really wish I had participated in this 10 Day You Challenge, but I just thought I wouldn't get to all the posts in the timely manner...I've really enjoyed keeping up with yours, though. =0)
~Kim
2justByou.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Kim,
this challenge from bloglovetherapy will be open for a year, so there is still time for you to join, and to link up your posts and blog on her parties. I personally would love to read your 10 secrets. heehee. :0)
Debbi

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Great list!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016