Thursday, February 7, 2013

my clean studio

I finally got some time yesterday to clean my studio from the mess I made at Christmas.  I had cleaned the downstairs shortly after my son and his wife left (my studio doubles as a guest house), but the upstairs?  Wrapping paper, ribbons, boxes, glues, holiday trimmings, beads, wire, what a mess.  But yesterday I got it all put away, and now I'm ready to get creative.  So today I decided to go shopping for supplies, because you can never have too many beads, paints, and yarn.
So let's run on over to Handmade Artists and see what we can find to play with... 
Wow...what amazing pieces of jewelry I can design with these beads.  The first is a Pink Flamingo Porcelain Cabochon from Abella Gifts, match this up with pretty pink and green beads for a very feminine statement piece.  And then I saw this cute little girl at My Craft Basket, a polymer clay dragon pendant that would also look great with pink beads.  HEY, look...I found some pretty pink and green beads!  You'll find these organic lampwork beads (with spacers) in the shop of Gaby.
 
Next I found this bag of handrolled paper beads at Jsouza's Shop.  Sure, these beads are something I look at and think "I can make them", but I never do, so it's time to just buy them.  And it's a great price for 100 beads.  You can get these adorable Sock Monkey Felties from Lil Bit Sassy.  Great for an added touch on anything, from quilts to scrapbooking.  Plus, if you ask, she can change the size and/or color.  And for more scrapbooking ideas, how about these die cut hearts from Creative Jem?  They would be great to use as a mat for your photos.
 
Yarn...yarn...I need more yarn.  Love the color, love the feel, love the fiber.  I found these on Etsy.
First the beautiful blues of this Iceberg handspun yarn from Cool climates.  You know what I love about handspun yarn?  The challenge of matching colors.  Not at all like what you can get at the "big" stores, where most every skein is the same.  I like the slight change in color and thickness in the handspun yarn.  Check out the differences in this amazing Siren Song yarn from Spincycle Yarns.  And I could just lick this Creamsicle Merino yarn from the shop of Sleeping Beauty.  Heck, I even love the name of her shop, lol.
Ok, my muse is now awake and raring to go.  Is yours?  If not, click on a link and visit a shop, and get creative!
Be blessed,
Debbi

18 comments:

Your Invisible Crown said...

Those flamingos look fun :-)

SarahBeth said...

The yarn is beautiful -- especially the blue/green skein! I'm a yarn-aholic too but have had to curtail my habit -- I'm mostly using cotton now!

Anonymous said...

thank you SO much for featuring my Icebergs yarn in your beautiful blog!

Unknown said...

That yarn looks fun! I love yarn ♥ I never use it though...I'm afraid of adding yet another hobby to my list of hobbies :)

Miss Val's Creations said...

Everything is wonderful! I am in love with the pink flamingo cabochon!!!!

hopeandjoyhome said...

That yarn is yummy. I am always drawn to it even though the only thing I can knit is a never-ending scarf. When I clean my studio, it just immediately fills back in!

Unknown said...

don't they???? :0)
Debbi

Trina Prenzi said...

Isn't nice when the studio is all cleaned up and ready to go! :)

Great finds here, off to visit these shops!

Unknown said...

I love yarn, and I wish there was more time in the day for me to use up what I have...lol
Debbi

Unknown said...

why, you're very welcome. :0)
Debbi

Unknown said...

you mean there is such a thing as hobby overload??? lol
Debbi

Unknown said...

me too...
Debbi

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about the studio...I fill mine up pretty good, and I love it!
Debbi

Unknown said...

I love having a clean studio, and my creative juices are flowing again...but my pile of wrinkled clothes is calling for me first. heehee
Debbi

Creativejems said...

Thank you for the feature of my die cut hearts

Creativejems said...

Thank you for the feature of my die cut hearts

Tasha said...

Ooooohh...I love this post. Beautiful features. I could make a headband with the felt monkeys!!

Tasha said...

Ooooohh...I love this post. Beautiful features. I could make a headband with the felt monkeys!!

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016