Wednesday, March 6, 2013

ok, who put miracle grow in the chicken feed???

It was just 2 weeks ago that we got ourselves some more baby chicks, and 2 ducks.  And in those 2 weeks they have finished off a 20 pound bag of feed and almost doubled in size, the ducks more then double.  I used to be able to grab and hold them with one hand, now I need both.  But they are sooo cute!
Now let's see what I can find to satisfy my chicken need...
at Handmade Artsits I found these cute chicken related items.



This pottery spoon rest is hand thrown, then drawn and carved with an original design by VirginiaRoseStudio.  So this is a unique one of a kind gift to beautify your kitchen.  It will make cooking more fun also. :0)



This wooden sign for farm fresh eggs is wonderfully country!  A lovely way to add a rustic touch to your kitchen decor.  You can find this 8.5" x 5.5" sign in the shop of WestWindDreams.




Over on Etsy I found these adorable crochet egg warmers by Marta Carlin.  This is a brand new shop, so keep a look out for more items in the future.


And Etsy can always be counted on for the unusual, and in the shop of PartyFowl I found this duck diaper harness gizmo.  I love it!!!  I showed it to Chuck so we can bring Daffy and Quakers into the house and for walks.  He just looked at me and laughed, so I think that's a no. hahaha.

So, what do you think of my big babies?



Be blessed,
Debbi

9 comments:

Thunder Rose said...

Really great post Debbi! The baby chicks are so cute.

Chantal Hanna said...

Oh my goodness, cute chicks. And i love those crochet chickens.

Karen and Dakota said...

Great pot I have always wanted to have some chickens. We had ducks 6 of them when my daughter was about three.

sarah said...

Those chicks and ducks are so cute.

Miss Val's Creations said...

Awww! This must be so much fun to see everyday! Who doesn't love baby anything? The duck diaper is hysterical. Leave it to Etsy sellers!!!

Your Invisible Crown said...

Cute chicks and ducks!

2justByou said...

Oh wow! The chicks aren't so tiny anymore. It was so much fun to see the last chicks grow up, so this is going to be a fun adventure as well.
...A duck diaper harness? Really? How on earth did you find that? LOL
~Kim
http://2justByou.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

It's all cute but I'm with Chuck on the harness thing. That's just a bit much even for me! :)

Chris Dean said...

You have such adorable feathered-babies!
Please don't laugh, but once upon a time, had a rescue duck rehabbinng in the house. I really did try one of the diaper harnesses. Great in theory, but just TRY putting one on them! UGH! It was a disaster.
Good luck with the cuties.

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016