Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Getting ready for Quintin

I am big on family, and tradition...so when my oldest son told me that he was going to be a daddy (finally!) I started planning what I was going to make the baby.  Well, I was told about Quintin at Christmas, and he's due at the end of August, and I am just now getting things together for him.  Yeah, planning ahead has never been a strong suit for me. hahaha.  But this is what's going in the first box out...


This is Teddy...the very first gift that Greg had received from his paternal grandparents.  Greg was about 3 or 4 months old the first time he met them.  He loved this teddy, and carried him around with him when he got older.  Poor Teddy is worn, but that just means he was loved, and I'm sure Teddy is looking forward to meeting Quintin.  His arms and legs still move, but I've had to stitch his head seams several times through out the years, so Teddy would probably enjoy life on a shelf now, with an occasional hug or two.





Now this crochet fox is new, I received Timber from an amazing artist at Etsy....Robin Eppard.  Her shop is called Recreations, and is filled with wonderful easy to care for pets for your kids.  I joked around that Timber was so cute, I might keep him for myself, but hey, I'm Gramma, and we grammas give everything to our grandkids. 
I'm sure Quintin will have tons of fun with Timber, and since Mommy and Daddy decorated his room with a jungle theme, Timber will feel right at home.


And speaking of jungle themes, I have been saving these slippers for a long time.  I had made these slippers for Greg when he was about 10 (?) and I made cat slippers for Amanda and puppy slippers for Josh.  These are the only pair that survived the many moves through out the years.  I got them out and was going to try and figure out the pattern so I could make a pair for Quintin, but....

look what I found when I did a google search?
Yep, the original pattern book at the shop of cozyhomecrochet.  I have no idea when I lost mine, but I snatched this one up quick.  I am so excited and can't wait for it to arrive.  I'll be making a pair of lion slippers for Quintin, and this Christmas, all my baby grandkids, and great grandkids will be getting slippers! LOL
I am also working on a stuffed football, baseball, and mitt from an old pattern (1981) that I had made for Greg when he was only 4.  They will also be going to Quintin when completed.
So, what do you all think about traditions????  I sure hope Quintin will enjoy these items as much as his daddy did so long ago.
Be blessed,
Debbi

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new grandbaby! How exciting! I love the things you have gathered already, especially those slippers!

hopeandjoyhome said...

Congrats and how fun! I have one 4 yr old grandson and I can't believe how fast he has grown (You think I would have figured that out with my kids!) He has his momma's Winnie the Pooh bear, but his favorite is "Floppy Neck Teddy" named because the manhandling he has received over the last 4 years has left him a bit bobble headed! If he is missing..it is disaster!

Trina Prenzi said...

Congrats! I'm sure Quintin will love his daddy's teddy bear, that's great that you saved it and can hand it down!! Love those cute slippers you made!

Anna Urquhart said...

Congratulations Debbi! And I too love traditions - when I had my first baby my mom passed to her some if my baby dolls and baby clothes. A beautiful connection from the past to the future.

Pamela Bates said...

ooo, what a FUN box of goodies to get ready Grammy! love that teddy. so sweet! can't believe you found the original book.......the internet can really be amazing.

Unknown said...

I've got my favorite outfit from when my daughter was a baby...now I'm just waiting for her to give me a granddaughter. lol

Unknown said...

I know...when I did a google search for "crochet stuffed slippers" I thought I might find a pattern I could tweek...but when the original pattern book popped up??? I actually squealed. hahaha

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016