Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Craft Star is a-booming

I've recently joined The Craft Star, and I have chosen to list our vintage and upcycled vintage items there while keeping our handmade at Handmade Artists.  I've already made a sale there, and I am really liking the people.  This is not only a selling site, but there is a forum and club section.  I've noticed that there is not a lot of activity in the forums, or some of the clubs, but that's ok, I'm not looking for another social site, I'm looking for customers. LOL.  And Bethan is working hard to bring us customers.  So, while I am talking about all that is going on there, let me share some items from their front page.

Just look at the color of these plum quartz and ruby cluster earrings from the shop of ferozasjewlry.  These are so very pretty, and these are great examples of the amazing items you can find at The Craft Star.

One of the things I like there is the crisp clean look of the site, and it is very easy to navigate.  I have noticed lately that Bethan has been working very hard to promote the site, with ads showing up all over the web.  It seems that everytime I open a web page, I can see an ad for The Craft Star.  Which is good for the site, and good for me too.
Under the new vintage I saw this blue crackle bud vase from ThisGirlsStuff. The decision to allow vintage on the site is a fairly recent one, and the main reason that caused me to jump on board there.  And the vintage section is just full of great items.

On Tuesday evenings at 8pm (EST), you can come and visit the site, and watch the live video get together they have every week.  There is a whole channel on youtube of The Craft Star videos where you can meet artists, and take a tutorial on how to navigate the site.  And the chatrooms are open during the video so you can talk and visit while watching, so much fun for us multitaskers.

On The Craft Star facebook page, I read today that Bethan is in New York City at a handmade convention....and this is what she has to say...

"I'm here for a convention to talk about YOU! Your shops, your items, The CraftStar … how it's growing so quickly and why it stands out from the competition.

I'm doing a brief presentation today, then tomorrow will be talking to reporters, editors, etc from ALL kinds of publications, stations, major blogs, and some VERY influential peeps! 12 hours of it! Wish me luck!"

How exciting is that?
So I recommend you come on over and take a peek at this new site.  It's time to blow Etsy and their resellers out of the water!
Be blessed,
Debbi

9 comments:

2justByou said...

I had signed up prior to The Craft Star launched, but when it did launch, I didn't get on board. Now that I'm hearing about it from you, maybe I'll take another look. I love that blue crackle vase!
And congrats on your sale!
~Kim

must love junk said...

Hmmm...sounds interesting! Good luck :)
Susan

Trina Prenzi said...

Congrats on your sale!! Love that vase! I have to go check out Craft Star, sounds great!

Your Invisible Crown said...

Love the colour of the earrings, perfect for summer!

Thunder Rose said...

Interesting Debbi! I will take a look.

Yankeegirl said...

I too, love The Craft Star!! Bethan and Kim are so helpful and friendly and are really there for the sellers. I mean really.....what other CEO gets on the phone and calls you when you have a problem????? Yup...she did TWICE!!

Thanks for the feature of the blue crackled vase that's in my vintage TCS shop!

Unknown said...

thanks...I had signed up too when it first started, but never really did anything there. they had some issues at first, but the bugs have been fixed, and I'm really liking it there so far.
Debbi

Unknown said...

aren't they great??? I love them!

Unknown said...

I didn't realize that vintage shop was yours, lol. and yes, Bethan has kept in touch with me too, even when I didn't have my shop up and running there yet. :0)

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016