Thursday, July 18, 2013

My friends, old and new....the best part of being an artist, everyone is a friend...

One of my favorite things about being an artist, and getting to know other artists, is that we don't know any strangers, just friends we haven't met yet.  Growing up I would visit countless arts and crafts shows with my mother, and everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) took the time to talk to me, just a kid.  It really encouraged me to live the life of an artist.  When we started selling on line, we started our shop on Etsy, and I made many friends there that I am still in contact with, whether through our blogging, tweeting, or facebook.  And just recently I moved my shops to The Craft Star where I am making wonderful new friends.  But today I want to go back and visit my friends from Handmade Artist.

Let's start with this new piece from Rasmussen Gems.
The purples and pink beads are so soft and pretty in this beaded necklace.  This necklace was designed by Debora, and measures a nice matinee length of 34".



Here's a lovely crocheted cozy for your tablet done in a warm caramel colors.
It is handmade special for you by Cr8tiveLefty, and if you would rather have a brighter color, there are many to chose from in the shop.


I am in love.....with this lampwork bead necklace by Brooklyn Bead Goddess.  She creates every bead individually, and when you purchase this necklace, or another piece of jewelry, she sends them to you already gift wrapped!  What a nice touch.

And lastly, who doesn't love teddy bears?  I know I do, and you can find this new brown curly fur teddy in the shop of IKnitQuiltSew, along with many other teddys, dolls, and quilts.  A child, and child lovers, paradise. :0)

I feel blessed to have gotten to know these wonderful people at Handmade Artist, and to chat with them on the forums and through our blog rings, and I look forward to making even more friends in the future.

So click on any link, and tell my friends that I sent you.
Be blessed,
Debbi

10 comments:

Sandi Levy said...

Great post, Debbi! Thank you SO MUCH for including my teddy bear!

SarahBeth said...

That teddy bear is the cutest! I didn't realize that you had moved your shops to Craft Star -- good luck over there!

april grinaway said...

Thank you for featuring my lampwork necklace in your blog today !
It makes me happy to see my work appreciated.

Anonymous said...

What a great selection. I love that lampwork necklace as well. The colors are just gorgeous!

Memories for Life said...

I couldn't agree more! What I love most about selling online is the community and the friends I've made :)

must love junk said...

Aww, so cute! Love the cozy and little bear! :)
Susan

Anonymous said...

Debora thanks you for including her necklace, or at least she will when I tell her. Great blog.

John

Miss Val's Creations said...

What wonderful things! I love the creative community and how we all support each other. :)

Thunder Rose said...

Lots of great items Debbi!

Unknown said...

So kind of you to include my tablet cozy. I'm sorry for the slow reply. I had a show on the 18th and have been digging out since then. I totally agree about the crafting community and the wonderful people we meet. I am very proud to know you :)

Copyright Protection and Terms of Use

All photos displayed on this blog are protected by copyright and may not be displayed without prior consent of their creators. If you wish to obtain consent, please do so by contacting the owner in the photo link. Any photos, materials, or text which does not have a link are the copyright of the owner of this blog and consent for use may be requested by contacting us at admin@yankeeburrowcreations.com



All content copyright @ yankeeburrowcreations 2010-2016